Redwoods and wine country escape from San Francisco
- Tour 3 Sonoma & Napa wineries
- Scenic Golden Gate bridge photo stop
- Beat the crowds and visit the tallest trees
The California Wine Country is less than an hour's drive away from San Francisco and it is one of the most beautiful and popular sightseeing opportunities when visiting San Francisco. Sequoia Redwood trees & Wine Country Tour combination is a great way to see two of the most popular San Francisco sights! You can enjoy the morning exploring the spectacular Redwood Sequoia trees, then relax in the afternoon while your tour guide introduces the group to the California Wine Country. This tour includes three wine tastings and visits small boutique Sonoma and Napa wineries as well as famous Sonoma Plaza spending 45 minutes or more at each tasting stop. All our wine tasting is complimentary with the chance to try 5-10 delicious wines at each stop! Gourmet cheese tasting where available. The tour also includes an optional stop at the Golden Gate Bridge.
Audio guide available in Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Korean, Mandarin and Japanese
Sample Itinerary (times are approximate):
- 07.30am-07.45am Pick up from Extranomical San Francisco SOMA Office at 928 Harrison St
- 07.45am-08.30am Wine Country tour pick up at your San Francisco hotel in downtown or Fisherman's Wharf area
- 08.30am-08.45am Drive through the Marina neighborhood, past the Palace of Fine Arts, the Presidio, and head north across the Golden Gate Bridge. Continue north through the Marin Headlands to Sausalito
- 09.00am-09.30am Learn about the Redwood giants while driving over the Marin headlands
- 09.30am-10.30am Spend an hour walking among the shadows of the 250-foot Redwood groves. Take in the local flora: Giant ferns, moss-lined creek and the aroma of fresh bay leaf from the many Laurel trees. Criss cross the creeks by way of footbridges and return to where you began
- 10.30am-11.45am Head north on U.S. 101 to the first tasting stop in the Carneros Region of Sonoma county, the birthplace of California's wine industry
- 11.45am-12.30pm Arrive at the first winery in Sonoma County and learn about the process of winemaking while sipping crisp wines. Stroll the winery grounds and take photos among the vines
- 12.30pm-01.30pm A short drive takes you to a picturesque wine country plaza. There are many wine tasting rooms, restaurants and boutique shops to browse and lunch at. We’ll provide you with a map of the plaza and favorite wine tasting rooms and restaurants to maximize your time at the plaza
- 01.30pm-03.00pm Rejoin the tour group and continue on the road to the 2nd winery, where you’ll taste a variety of wines
- 03.00pm-04.30pm You will then move along to your 3rd winery and indulge in the final wine tasting
- 04.30pm-05.30pm Start the journey back South to Marin County and San Francisco.
- 05.30pm-05.45pm End the perfect day with a photo stop overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge and Pacific Ocean with incredible views of the San Francisco Bay and city skyline, the Bay Bridge and Alcatraz
- 05.45pm-06.30pm Drive back across the Golden Gate Bridge and start the drop-off at San Francisco hotels.
- Tasting fees
- Drop off
- $10 park entrance fee
- Children (0-11 years old): reduced price
- Pickup time depends on your hotel location
- During checkout you will be asked to provide the name and address of your hotel in Downtown or Fisherman's Wharf
- If your hotel is not located in downtown or Fisherman's Wharf you need to call Extranomical Tours to arrange a pick up location and receive your pick up time
- Contact details provided with your booking confirmation voucher
Alcatraz Island remains one of San Francisco's greatest landmarks - and now you can experience its c...
Experience magnificent views of the San Francisco Bay on the way to Muir Woods National Monument. Yo...
Does the phrase “team building” inspire eye rolling and general skepticism from your workplace colle...
On this relaxed, two-hour cruise, you’ll enjoy spectacular sunset views, live guitar music and light...
Venture north of San Francisco over the Golden Gate Bridge to an isolated canyon filled with ancient...
How can a Muir Woods tour be better? Combine it with a Sonoma Wine Country tour! Experience this per...