Alcatraz Day Tour and Muir Woods with Napa & Sonoma Wine Country Tour plus Aquarium Tickets
- Experience the perfect combo our with 2 days of nature and culture
- See amazing views of the San Francisco city skyline
- Learn the history of “The Rock” with a 3-hour ferry and audio tour
- Walk among some of the tallest trees in the world in Muir Woods
- Enjoy a wine tasting in the Sonoma Valley Wine Country
How can a Muir Woods tour be better? Combine it with a Sonoma Wine Country tour and a trip to Alcatraz! Experience this perfect mixture of nature and culture.
Day 1 - Alcatraz day tour and Aquarium:
Take the ferry to Alcatraz and see amazing views of the Golden Gate Bridge, Angel Island, Alcatraz Island, and the San Francisco city skyline from the north.
When you land on the island you’ll be equipped with an audio tour titled “Doing Time”, in which you’ll hear interviews from former inmates and learn more history about Alcatraz. Learn the history of “The Rock” with a 3-hour ferry and audio tour of the island and prison.
Return across the bay to enter the Aquarium of the Bay with your entrance tickets and spend the rest of your day exploring what's swimming below!
Visit over 20,000 live animals, ranging from eight-foot native sevengill sharks and eels to rays and jellies, all of which can be found in the San Francisco Bay.
Day 2 - Muir Woods tour with Sonoma Wine Country and Sausalito:
Cross the Golden Gate Bridge and pass through the beautiful Marin Headlands on your way to Muir Woods National Monument. You’ll spend over an hour strolling among some of the tallest trees in the world, the Coastal Redwoods. Snap some photos or wander through the misty paths and marvel at these amazing giants.
Continuing north, you’ll stop for lunch in Sonoma Square, or have a picnic lunch among the vines! In the afternoon, enjoy wine tasting in the Sonoma Valley Wine Country at a variety of small-to-medium production wineries. At the end of the day you’ll be dropped off at your hotel in time for dinner!
- Alcatraz tickets ($38.00 USD)
- Aquarium of the Bay entrance tickets
- Complimentary hotel pick-up/drop off (day 2 only)
- Full-time professional, knowledgeable guide
- Transportation to/from Wine Country in biofuel mini-coach
- Visit to Sausalito
- 2 full flights of wine tastings
- Transportation to/from Alcatraz on day 1
- Meals (stops will be made to purchase food)
- Muir Woods entrance fee
- Some additional tasting fees may apply
- Guide gratuity (optional)
- Adults (aged 12-20)
- Children (aged 0-11)
Pier 33, San Francisco, CA 94133, USA
Make your way to Pier 33 in Fisherman’s Wharf to pick up your Alcatraz tickets from the Group Services Window and meet the ferry.
Aquarium of the Bay:
- You may explore the Aquarium of the Bay any time on the first day of your tour with your entrance tickets
- Aquarium of the Bay is open from 10.00am to 6.00pm
- Alcatraz ticket(s) will be arranged for the first day of your two day package between 9.00am to 3.00pm (exact times vary depending on availability)
- Photo ID and paid voucher is needed to claim tickets
- Alcatraz audio tour is available in English, Spanish, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Mandarin, Portuguese and Korean
- You may leave Alcatraz Island at any time; ferries depart every 30 to 40 minutes; the last ferry is at 6.30pm
- Don't forget to bring your camera and sun protection
- Wear comfortable walking shoes un protection
- Layered clothing and warm jacket is recommended – the ferry can be windy
Muir Woods and Wine:
- Pick-up service from most SF hotels between 8 to 9.00am
- Maximum of 13 to 15 people per tour group
- Tour lasts approximately 10 hours
- Photo ID is necessary for tasting wines (you must be 21+ with a valid ID to participate in tastings)
- Bring your camera, portable charger and water
- Please have spending money for incidentals, Muir Woods entrance fee, and lunch
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and sun protection
- Layered clothing is recommended – Muir Woods can be rather chilly, and Wine Country can get very warm
- Alcatraz, Day 1: daytime departures at Fisherman's Wharf from 9.00am to 3.00pm (see calendar for exact times, these change depending on availability)
- Enter the Aquarium of the Bay at any time the first day of your tour
- Wine Tour, Day 2: pick-up from most San Francisco hotels between 8.00am to 9.00pm
Day 1 - Alcatraz day tour and Aquarium:Take the ferry to Alcatraz and see amazing views of the Golde...
Take a trip to one of the most famous prisons of all time: Alcatraz Island. Once upon a time, no one...
This is the best way to get the most out of wine tasting and enjoy the splendor of the Sonoma Wine C...
Cruise along San Francisco’s breathtaking waterfront, under the majestic Golden Gate Bridge, and loo...
Treat yourself to this Monterey and Caramel tour for a two day and one night adventure! Guests will ...
Take this tour for a once-in-a-lifetime guided tour of the island prison Alcatraz. Not only will you...
This segway tour is the most sensational way to see the city by the bay. This evening exploration wi...
How can a Muir Woods tour be better? Combine it with a Sonoma Wine Country tour! Experience this per...
The San Francisco wharf and waterfront segway tour is the most sensational way to see the city - gli...
A wonderful experience for first-time visitors to San Francisco! You'll discover the breathtaking vi...