VIP St. Peter's Basilica tour with Dome climb and Papal Crypt
- Enjoy a fully-guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica and Square in a small group of 15 people
- Pre-reserved tickets to climb St. Peter's Basilica Dome and see the amazing view
- Descend into the Papal Crypt for a rare guided tour
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access tour. Not only will you enjoy a fully-guided tour of the Basilica and Papal Crypt with an expert guide, you’ll avoid long lines to climb up into the titanic dome early in the morning and gape at the amazing views of Rome.
Your tour starts early, before the crowds arrive. After exploring St. Peter’s Square and seeing the Swiss Guards, you’ll head for St. Peter’s Basilica Dome. You’ll take the special elevator to the first terrace of the dome to admire the beautiful mosaics up close as your guide points out details you might otherwise miss. To reach the top of the dome you have to climb 231 steps, but the view alone is worth the effort. In fact, it’s the single best view of Rome, stretching from St. Peter’s Square across the Tiber and beyond.
When you come down from the dome, your expert guide will lead you on a full tour of the Basilica, from Bernini’s colossal baldachin to Michelangelo’s heart-wrenching Pietá. You’ll also discover the small details, stories, history and lore that are packed into every nook and cranny of this nearly 400-year-old building, including why everyone is so intent on rubbing the foot of a certain statue.
Finally, your tour will include a rare visit to the Papal Crypt, where your guide will point out the most significant tombs. The Crypt is a sacred site so that it’s forbidden to speak in it, but before you enter, your guide will tell you the stories of the men buried in them.
- St Peter’s Basilica
- Dome of St Peter’s Basilica
- Papal crypt (NOT the Scavi)
- St Peter’s Square
- Pre-reserved tickets to climb St Peter's Basilica Dome with elevator access
- Expert local guide
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (4-12): reduced price
Piazza della Città Leonina, 7, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Meet us 15 minutes before departure time in front of 'Caffè Leonina, in Piazza Citta' Leonina, just outside St. Peter's Square. Take the Red Line metro and get off at the "Ottaviano/San Pietro" stop.
- No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows
- The skip the line access is not possible at the dome or at St. Peters Basilica's security line (although it is possible for guests entering via the Vatican Museums, who use a different door), so you may need to spend some time in unavoidable queues. Your guide will use the time well though, entertaining you with stories and pointing out the incredible details of St. Peter's Square.
- This tour is wheelchair accessible with some difficulties (dome not wheelchair accessible)
- Strollers not admitted on this tour
Mondays, Tuesday, Thursday, Fridays, Saturday
Meeting Time: 8:00 am
Departure Time: 8:15 am
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip-the-line gro...
Every Wednesday people from all over the world gather to see Pope Francis in Rome. This time is rese...
Start your day early to beat the crowds and be among the first to climb up the Dome. With commentary...
The remains of the Stadium of Domitian (UNESCO World Heritage) are located beneath Piazza Navona, ab...
Join this innovative tour to explore the Colosseum like never before. Thanks to an animated and inte...
Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria ad Martyres, better known as the Pantheon, and admire the beauty o...
Easy entrance small-group walking tour with a full visit of the ancient area of the Eternal city and...
Enjoy a visit to one of the most beautiful archeological areas in the world. With fast track admissi...
Leave Rome in the morning and get ready to reach the Roman countryside. Once in Borgo, a medieval vi...