Vatican Necropolis and St. Peter's Basilica fast-track guided tour
- Explore the Christian Necropolis with the remains of the Apostle Peter
- Admire the greatest masterpieces of all time from inside the Basilica
- Avoid the long queue to enter the Basilica
- Small-group tour of maximum 15 people with official Vatican guides
Use the fast-track and access the Vatican State without difficulty; head to the Vatican Necropolis – located 10 meters beneath St. Peter’s Basilica, below the level of the Vatican Grottoes and the central aisle – is a Roman cemetery, placed next to Nero’s Circus. Here you can find Pagan and Christian graves that date back to the period between the I and IV century.
Visitors can admire the sites of the earliest Christian civilization and discover where the remains of the Apostle Peter – the first “pope” of Christianity – are buried. At the end of the Necropolis tour, you’ll have time to visit the Basilica.
Saint Peter is the main temple of Christianity and its central dome dominates Rome’s skyline. As soon as you’ll step across its threshold, you’ll realize how much larger its interior is compared to any other cathedral’s. Here you’ll have the chance to view one of the greatest masterpieces of all time, “Michelangelo’s Pietà”, and to pay homage to the tomb of St. John Paul II.
In the heart of the Basilica, under the high altar and Bernini’s famous Canopy, you’ll find the “Confession” or “Chapel of Confessions”, the name of which comes from St. Peter’s declaration of faith and that leads to the site of the martyrdom. The entire interior of St. Peter is richly decorated with marble, bas-reliefs, sculptures, mosaics and gilded stucco work.
- Entrance ticket for the Necropolis
- fast-track service
- Vatican official guides (both for the Necropolis and for the Basilica)
- Guided or audioguided tour of the Cupola (Dome)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Optional activity costs
Piazza San Pietro, 00120 Città del Vaticano
The meeting point is located – facing the Basilica – under the right side colonnade (series of columns around the Basilica Square), just in the middle, precisely in correspondence of the Police barrier. Our staff – wearing a blue jacket with the Vox Mundi logo printed on it – will wait for you to accompany you, through a dedicated gate, inside the Basilica.
- During the visit of the underground burial, visitors may be affected by the altered environmental conditions of temperature and humidity. Those who have special physical problems, subject to increase under these conditions, including claustrophobia, are advised to not participate
- Visitors are allowed only from 15 years old
- During the visit, it is forbidden to carry bulky items (suitcases, bulky envelopes, bags of any size, etc ...), or photographic equipment
- Clothing MUST be suitable for the holy place. Please be aware you need long trousers for men and skirts under your knees or trousers for women. Shoulders need to be always covered for everyone. Guests that do not respect the dress code will not be permitted to enter the Basilica and Necropolis
- Clients must arrive at the designated meeting point 30 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time and present their tour voucher to the tour coordinator/guide. It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure point
Tuesday and Thursday at 11.30 pm
The 29th of March St. Peter's Basilica will close at 12.00 pm
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
Discover a secret world beneath the streets of Rome on this 3-hour coach tour of the Catacombs of St...
Join us for a day tour to one of the world's most famous archaeological sites, the ancient city of P...
See the Museums from a true Vatican expert on this special tour, covering all of the top sights of t...
The mighty Colosseum is most beautiful and mysterious at night. Make your way through the gladiators...
Enjoy a relaxing panoramic tour of Rome by bus and discover the magical charm of the most famous mon...
After meeting your guide you will have access tickets to attend the weekly General Audience that Pop...
One of the main element that makes Rome famous all over the world is represented by its wonderful sq...
Enjoy a ride on a comfortable bike in the historic center of Rome, between breathtaking landscapes, ...
Visit the historic center of Assisi, in a full-day tour from Rome, and learn the story of its Patron...