Shuttle bus to the Roman underground Catacombs
- Discover one of the largest catacombs in Rome and with its 17 km of tunnels and corridors
- Learn about the life of the early Christian communities
- Enjoy an entertaining and instructive ancient Rome multimedial video
Reach and visit the catacombs with an audio-guided shuttle bus ride. You can depart from the center of the city and reach the site, where you'll discover one of the largest catacombs in Rome and with its 17 km of tunnels and corridors divided into 4 different levels, for a total of 150,000 burials, and a semi-subterranean Basilica.
You'll get to know more about the life of Christian communities of the early centuries, all the while admiring their architectural testimony, untouched over the centuries: symbolic decorations of stone fragments and magnificent frescoes, a sign of the cult of the martyrs buried in this cemetery.
- Shuttle bus round trip from the city center to the Roman catacombs
- 15 minute ancient Rome multimedia video
- Entrance ticket to the Roman Catacombs
- Guided tour within the Catacombs available in 5 languages (Italian, English, French, Spanish and German), about 40 minutes
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up service
- Children (6-17): reduced
- Infants (0-5): free
Piazza d'Ara Coeli 16, Rome
Touristation Colosseum and Forum.
- Due to the delicate nature of the site, travelers cannot visit the catacombs independently; all visits must be part of a guided group or private tour. The guided tour is included in the price
- Catacomb tours are not recommended for travelers who suffer from claustrophobia
- The Catacombs are a sacred site: guests should dress appropriately. Please make sure that your shoulders and thighs are covered
- Bring a light jacket with you, as it can get cold underground
- If you select the tour on Wednesday you'll be visiting the Santa Domitilla Catacombs. The rest of the week the San Callisto Catacombs will be visited
- Unfortunately, the tour is not accessible to visitors in wheelchairs or with severe motor disabilities
- The tour includes a long-distance walk, stairs and climbing; we recommend wearing comfortable shoes
- Every day
- Winter season: from the 1st of November to the 31st of March at 10.00am; Summer season: from the 1st of April to the 31st of October at 10.00am and 2.00pm
Discover a secret world beneath the streets of Rome on this 3-hour coach tour of the Catacombs of St...
This tour for small groups (maximum 15 people) allows you to discover the best parts of the Vatican ...
This tour is the first of its kind! An original Crypts and Catacombs tour that will take you to expl...
Visit all the best sites in Rome with a single 3-day pass, skip long queues and get easy access to R...
Delight both your senses with food and your inner tourist with famous landmarks on this Rome walking...
This is the only package where you can select your personal time to directly head to Pompeii and enj...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2.5-hour guided t...
Enjoy a visit to St. Peter’s in full freedom and at your own pace using your own mobile phone or tab...
The remains of the Stadium of Domitian (UNESCO World Heritage) are located beneath Piazza Navona, ab...
Take part in a small-group tour of the Vatican City's museums, gardens and villas: with this tour, y...