Guided tour of Colosseum Gladiator's Gate and Arena Floor, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Enjoy a full skip-the-line tour of the Colosseum, Roman Forum and Palatine Hill with an expert local guide
- Enter the Arena floor of the Colosseum and walk the ground where gladiators and lions once battled
- Avoid long lines and enter the Colosseum through the no-wait Gladiator's Gate
Don’t see the Colosseum like a normal tourist, queuing for ages to access even the skip the line group entrance. See it like the gladiators did as you and your expert guide will avoid any lines and will enter through the side gate, once used by warriors entering the ring. From there you’ll have special access to the Arena floor, where you’ll learn the blood-drenched stories of horror and heroism that took place right where you’re standing. Afterwards, you’ll head out for a comprehensive tour of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill that will bring Ancient Rome to life.
Step off the tourist track in the Colosseum and get a gladiator’s-eye-view by using their special entrance and stepping onto the normally off-limits Arena floor. You can’t get closer to the action than this. The Arena floor is where people actually fought and died in the Colosseum. While most visitors only ever see it from the stands, you’ll bypass long, general entrance lines and step directly onto it via the special Gladiator’s Gate. As you marvel at the great amphitheater around you, your expert guide will tell stories to transport back nearly 2,000 years, when vicious blood sports were the most popular form of entertainment in Rome.During your tour you’ll also explore the rest of the Colosseum, including the first floor and Roman Forum overlook.
Then, you’ll head into the Roman Forum and the Palatine hill to learn the wider history of Imperial Rome. Through the stories and anecdotes of your expert guide, the ruins will come to life and you’ll have no problem imagining the heyday of this incredible civilization. Our fully-licensed expert guides, far from giving you rote history lessons, they will pull you into the epic story of Rome and allow you to relive it with them, one step at a time.
- Arena Floor
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- No-wait entrance to the Colosseum via the Gladiator's Gate
- Skip the line access at the Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Expert licensed tour guides
- Headsets for every guest
- Groups of 25 people or fewer
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-12)
Outside of Oppio Caffè located on Via delle Terme di Tito, 72 (near the Colosseum)
Via delle Terme di Tito 72, Rome, Italy
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
- Please select a specific date to see the time option
- Morning tours at 8.30am, 9.00am, 10.00am
- Afternoon tours at 1.30pm, 3.15pm
Choose, according to your needs, between the two packages: vip entrance or vip entrance + audioguide...
Benefit from skip-the-line access to some of the Vatican's top attractions on this 2,5-hour guided t...
Immerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peter’s Basilica with this all-access ...
The Vatican can be bewildering to the first-time visitor. That’s why this tour offers you an expert ...
On this all-inclusive day trip you’ll enjoy the very best of the Amalfi Coast without having to worr...
Those with limited time to explore the Vatican can't miss the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilic...
This tour includes a guided visit of two of the best examples of the stratifications of Rome and the...
Rome is a city that has built and rebuilt upon itself for thousands of years. Our Crypts, Bones & Ca...
Active since 1937, Cinecittà is a complex of famous world-renowned film studios located in Rome. Ove...
Meet your guide and depart on a fun and relaxing ride around Villa Borghese, one of the biggest and ...