Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini guided visit
- Visit the ancient spa found under the headquarters of the Metropolitan City of Rome
- Learn about the Palazzo Valentini's history
- Discover the result of the work of archaeologists, architects and art historians
- Experience an journey through time with the help of the new technologies put in place for the exhibition
Discover the "Domus", which belonged to the most noble and powerful families of Ancient Rome. Thanks to restoration work carried out by archaeologists and architects, and a virtual reconstruction made of lighting, sound effects and projections, you are now able admire mosaics, decorations, flooring and pavements dating back to the 16th century. The new technologies put in place also allow visitors to experience the thermal baths, living rooms, kitchens and furnishing from the Imperial era.
The redevelopment project was conducted and curated by Piero Angela and a team of technicians and experts, including Paco Lanciano and Gaetano Capasso. The exhibition now tqke visitors on a fascinating journey through time to discover the artistic and historical heritage of the Domus Romane and the Palazzo Valentini.
- Entrance ticket and guided visit of the Domus Romane of Palazzo Valentini
- Citizens residing in the province of Rome over 65 years old
- Children 6-17 years old
Free of charge:
- Children up to 5 years old
Foro Traiano, 85, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
The "Domus Romane" entrance is in Via Foro Traiano 85 (in front of the Trajan's Column)
- You will need to exchange your ticket on the day, before the start of your visit
- You must show a printed copy of your confirmation voucher at the counter in order to receive your entrance ticket
- Every day 9.30am - 8.00pm (last admission at 6.30pm)
- Closed on: Tuesdays, 25 December, 1 January, 1 May
The guided visits are available in different languages as per the following schedule:
- English: 9.30am - 1.30pm - 2.00pm - 2.30pm
- Italian: 12.00pm - 1.00pm - 4.30pm - 5.30pm - 6.00pm
- French: 11.30am
- Spanish: 5.00pm
- German: 1.00pm
Considered as the most ancient publicly owned museum in the world, Capitoline Museums are an importa...
Home of one of the most precious monuments of the Augustan age, the Ara Pacis is an alter built in h...
Take an amazing journey to discover the genius of Leonardo da Vinci, who was an artist, engineer, sc...
Gets inside the Ara Pacis and participate in one of the rites performed there. "The Ara as it was" i...
Take advantage of a three-day ticket to visit four of the most important museums in Rome. - Start yo...
Enter the incredible mind of Leonardo da Vinci, a leading artist and intellectual of the Italian Ren...
Active since 1937, Cinecittà is a complex of famous world-renowned film studios located in Rome. Ove...
Discover where the major part of the masterpieces of the Doria Pamphilj family's private art collect...
Join in this pizza-making cooking class which summarizes the whole tradition of Italian pizza master...
Rome Boat Experience is the newest way to discover all of Rome’s hidden treasures. Besides the timel...