Capitoline Museums skip-the-line guided tour
- Admire the wonderful sculptures inside the Capitoline Museums
- Walk inside the beautiful St Mary Basilica of Aracoeli
- See the impressive Piazza del Campidoglio, where the two buildings meet
- Learn the history of this famous site designed by Michelangelo
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio under the Marco Aurelio statue and start your amazing journey in the history of this fabulous complex, Capitoline Hill, Capitoline Museum and St Mary of Aracoeli Basilica.
A visit to the famous Capitoline Hill is a must-do in Rome. Your professional guide will tell you how the building of the Capitoline began.
Created with the criteria of a project by Michelangelo, this is the first square of modern Rome and it rises on the Capitol Hill (Capitolium), where there used to be a village and several temples dedicated to the Roman deities. Pope Paul III asked Michelangelo to lay out the square. Today, the famous Piazza del Campidoglio still shows a wonderful stylistic unity.
Next, step into the Santa Maria in Ara Coeli which was built on the ruins of the Tempio di Giunone Moneta in the VI century B.C. and it raises on the highest peak of the Campidoglio Hill. Its name comes from a legend according to which a sibyl supposedly forecasted to Augusto the advent of God’s son, saying 'Haec est ara filii Dei'. Reach the top and take in the wonderful view over the city of Rome with the domes of Sant'Andrea della Valle and world-famous St Peter's Basilica.
- 3-hour guided tour to the Capitoline Museums and Basilica of St Mary of Aracoeli
- Professional, licensed guide
- Admission fees to the Capitoline Museums
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and drop off
Piazza del Campidoglio, 1, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Meet your guide at Piazza del Campidoglio, under the Marco Aurelio statue. Your guide will be holding a Mea Tours sign.
- Please cover shoulders and knees when you enter the Basilica of St Mary of Aracoeli
- The tour in all languages start at 4.00pm
Watch the sunset across the romantic squares of Rome on a 3-hour guided tour of the city’s historic ...
The best way to visit Rome and its sights is to join this 3.5-hour group guided walking tour. Visit ...
Admire the sunset over the rooftops of Rome and enjoy the romantic atmosphere of Rome on this 3-hour...
If you'd rather visit the Vatican Museums on your own without a guided tour, but still want to skip ...
Discover the masterpieces of Rome on this tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter'...
NYE 2020 • CIRCLE OF ILLUMINATES ⚡️ ________________________ New Year. Rome. The return of the king ...