Assisi and Orvieto semi-private full-day tour from Rome
- Visit the historic center of Assisi with departure from Rome
- Learn the story of the Patron Saint, St. Francis of Assisi
- Admire the Cathedral of Orvieto with its gothic style
Visit the historic center of Assisi, in a full-day tour from Rome, and learn the story of its Patron Saint, St. Francis of Assisi. Go to the Convent of Santa Chiara, and continue through the countryside of Umbria Orvieto to admire the Gothic cathedral.
Enjoy a day away from the bustle of Rome, in a one-day tour to Umbria, one of the most picturesque regions of Italy. Rich in vineyards, olive groves, and the hillside villages, the most famous site in the region is the UNESCO World Heritage town of Assisi. Upon arrival in this mystical place, knowing St. Francis, walk inside the ancient walls. Built on the green slopes of Mount Subasio, the colourful houses of ink stone, narrow streets, flowered balconies, ornate palaces and offer great views.
One of the best highlights of your time in Assisi will be the visit to the Basilica of San Francesco to see the Renaissance masterpieces realized by Giotto and Cimabue. After lunch, continue to Orvieto and admire the magnificence of the Cathedral, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture with glittering facade windows, mosaics and sculptures. Enjoy the charm of Orvieto, and admire the many churches scattered around its historic center. Return to Rome in the early evening.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Driver and guide
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off (inside Aurelian walls)
Pick-up at your hotel in Rome (inside Aurelian walls). Please provide the name and address of your hotel at the time of booking.
- It is suggested to wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- We recommend to bring a bottle of water in summer, while don't forget an umbrella in winter.
- The pick-up service is provided only for the hotels located in the center of Rome. Please provide the name and address of the hotel where you are staying at the time of booking.
- This tour requires a minimum of 2 participants.
Everyday, pick-up about 7.30 am
Tuscany has so much to offer in the way of food, culture, and scenery that it can be overwhelming. T...
Our Sistine Chapel Express & St. Peter’s Basilica Tour is one of the best ways to experience the Vat...
Be welcomed by your licensed guide at the Bath of Caracalla, where your small group tour will start....
Take part in an amazing 3-hour guided tour inside Villa Farnesina, where the architectural design an...
Do you think the Vatican Museums are not child-friendly? Think again! Meet a top child-friendly guid...
NYE 2020 • CIRCLE OF ILLUMINATES ⚡️ ________________________ New Year. Rome. The return of the king ...