The best of Pompeii tour - unveiling the buried city
- Wander the fully-preserved streets of Pompeii with an expert guide
- Peek into ancient lives: a bakery, the old port, public baths, even a brothel
- Stroll along the city walls for panoramic views of Naples and Capri
- View the death casts of people caught in the 79 AD eruption
Seeing Pompeii on your own can be difficult and baffling. That’s why our tour has been designed to bring alive the history and tragic end of this ancient city.
Led by an expert English-speaking guide in groups of 15 or fewer, you’ll learn all about daily life in the ancient Roman world and see how the inhabitants died in the eruption of Vesuvius. Your day looks like this:
- Arrive in Pompeii and skip the lines
- Meet your professional local guide
- Stroll the shops, temples, public baths and houses
- See the plaster-cast remains of Pompeii’s doomed inhabitants
- Porta Marina
- The Basilica
- The Temple of Apollo
- The Roman Forum
- Pompeii’s main street
- The Macellum – an ancient supermarket
- The Cave Cane– home of the Tragic Poet
- A Roman bakery
- The cemetery
- A panoramic walk with views of Naples and Capri
- An ancient brothel (depending on age of group members)
- Pre-reserved entrance tickets to Pompeii
- Official Pompeii tour guide
- Small groups of 15 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Infants (ages 0-3): free (no reservation required)
- Children (ages 4-12): reduced price
Via Villa dei Misteri, 5, 80045 Pompei NA, Italy
The tour meets by the info/ticket kiosk on the left hand-side of the Circumvesuviuana train stop Villa dei Misteri. When exiting the Circumvesuviana train stop Villa dei Misteri (with your back to the station), go to the left. Just around the corner, you'll see the ticket office. We meet just outside.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory.
- The tour meeting time is 15 minutes prior to the start time. No refunds or re-bookings can be provided for late arrivals or no shows after tour commencement or departure.
- Comfortable walking shoes recommended.
Available Departure Times:
10:30 am, 1:30 pm, 2:30 pm (depending on season)
TOUR DESCRIPTION:The city, submerged by the effects of the catastrophic eruption in 79 AD, emerges f...
Join us on this 3-hour guided tour to visit one of the most beautiful royal palaces in Italy and in ...
The Catacombs of San Gennaro are located on two non-overlapping levels, both characterized by extrem...
Book this 3-hour private tour to discover the fascinating archaeological site of Herculaneum with a ...
The full price ticket costs 6 euros; the reduced ticket costs 2 euros.Originally intended as the res...
Relax on the beach and enjoy the most famous town in the region. Amalfi is a maritime village with a...
Come Pompei ed Ercolano, anche la città di Oplontis, l’attuale Torre Annunziata, fu sepolta dalla er...
Under the Basilica of Santa Maria della Sanità (St. Mary of Health), at the heart of the district, l...
Go food shopping like a local! Enjoy the distinctive Italian local market and learn how to recognize...
The suggestive Crypts of San Domenico are home to the tomb of Ippolita Cantelmo Stuart of the Royal ...