Belgian Flanders Battlefield day trip from Paris
- You will explore the Ypres Salient and its major sites
- Visit John McRae’s Essex Farm dressing station
- Langemark German cemetery
- The Canadian Memorial at Vancouver Corner
- Tyne Cot cemetery in Passchendaele
- The 5th Australian Division Memorial at Polygon Wood
Come and join us for a day of remembrance. During the day you will discover this part of the Western Front where hundreds of thousands of soldiers from all over the world fought between 1914 and 1918. By the time the last shells fell on Ypres in October 1918, the Salient had claimed 185,000 Commonwealth lives.
You will explore the Ypres Salient and its major sites (memorials, cemeteries and traces of battles): John McRae’s Essex Farm dressing station; Langemark German cemetery, the Canadian Memorial at Vancouver Corner, Tyne Cot cemetery in Passchendaele and the 5th Australian Division Memorial at Polygon Wood.
You will also be able to walk the moonscape of the Hill 60 battlefield and see dozens of memorials to British, Australian and Canadian regiments. Finish off the day with some free time in Ypres itself, with the opportunity to visit St. George’s Chapel and the Menin Gate.
- Guided tour of famous sites
- Free Time in Ypres
- Transport by Air-Conditioned minibus (maximum group size 18)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off services
- Entrance to "In Flanders Field" museum
- Optional gratuities
32 Rue Saint-Roch, 75001 Paris, France
Meet us 15 minutes before departure time at the PARIS TOURIST OFFICE, near the Opéra. Metro stop: Pyramides (line 7 or 14).
- Comfortable shoes recommended
- You should expect about 3 1/2 hours travel time each way from Paris to Ypres and back to Paris
- A Valid Passport (or ID for citizens of The European Community) is Mandatory to join this tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Thursday until October 20th
Departure at 6:50 AM
Your trip to Paris is not complete unless you experience dining - the Hard Rock Cafe way. Don’t worr...
You love wine and cheese? Come taste a selection of French wines and cheeses in a 17th century wine ...
During your stay in Paris, you will most likely eat at a restaurant twice a day. As fantastic as it ...
Paris is a city with a lot of history and even more attractions so if you want to see the best of it...
From its beginnings as a medieval village to the capital of Napoleon's empire, from the beheadings o...
The full horror of 20th century industrialised warfare was nowhere more intense that in the Somme in...