Twisted Met: Scandals and Secrets of the Metropolitan Museum Masterpieces
- See the highlights of the Metropolitan Museum of art with a fun and irreverent guide who will put a whole new spin on famous works of art
- Explore some of the more peculiar parts of the collection, including funerary art, and risqué ceramics
- Groups of no more than 15 people mean you always have a personal and engaging experience with your guide
This is an art museum tour for people who don’t usually take art museum tours. If you are visiting with young people, or don’t have much experience with art, or simply want to learn some unique things about famous works, this is an entertaining way to see some of the finest works in America, and have a good laugh while you’re at it. Your 2.5-hour tour starts when you meet your expert guide and a small group of no more than 15 people at the entrance to the Met. The small group size ensures that you can ask all the questions you want and never miss a word of what your guide is saying. After a brief intro, it’s off to find some of the most bizarre and quirky pieces hidden within the enormous collection. A hippo with a limp? Check. A wardrobe malfunction from ancient Egypt? Yup. There’s even some kinky flemish dinnerware (if age appropriate, of course). You’ll also get the funny and fascinating backstories on more famous works and learn about the wild lives of artists like Monet and Van Gogh. Don’t forget about the butt-themed scavenger hunt; prepare yourself accordingly. All of the guides are seasoned art lovers who have spent years studying the works in the Met. This twisted tour gives them a chance to show off their knowledge without the stiffness that usually characterizes museum tours. It's a unique experience for people of all ages and experiences and once you’ve taken it, you’ll never look at art in the same way.
- Local Expert Guide
- Ticket to the museum
- Hotel Pick-Up / Drop-Off
1000 5th Ave, New York, NY 10028, USA
Your tour will meet in front of the 'Statue of the Pharaoh' in the Main Entrance Lobby of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. The statue of the Pharaoh is on your right upon entering.
- Non-flash photography is allowed. However, flash photography and video cameras cannot be used inside the Museum. Selfie sticks are also prohibited
- The Met is fully wheelchair accessible. However, if you cannot climb the stairs of the central entrance to reach the meeting point, there is a ground level entrance one block south, near the intersection of 81st street and 5th avenue. Tell the desk you need to use the elevator to meet a group in the main lobby (at the pharaoh statue), which will then secure your entrance ticket. They will provide you with a temporary pass and help direct you upstairs
- This tour may not be suitable for young children under 13 years
- The tour is in English Only
- Meeting Time: 10:45 AM
- Departure Time: 11:00 AM
Get up close to one of the world's most famous monuments, the Statue of Liberty. Sail around the Sta...
Baz Luhrmann's 2001 hit jukebox film makes its way to the Broadway stage in this thrilling theatrica...
This guided Brooklyn Bridge tour will take you on a scenic stroll across the bridge and into the cla...
This Brooklyn bar tour begins in one of the city’s most historic bars, for a bottle of beer and a tr...
New York proudly holds the title as the most filmed city in the world! On this Spanish-language TV a...
The best way to enjoy a picnic in Central park, that has been set up especially for you and will be ...