Nasty Women tour of the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Discover the powerful women depicted throughout the history of art
- Enjoy a fun, informative and empowering guided tour
- Learn about the rich history of women who refused to put up and shut up—and changed the world instead
On this fun and informative two-hour tour, you will meet the women who shattered the glass ceilings of their day—as artists who broke with convention, scientists who toppled stereotypes, and political figures who poisoned, slept and protested their way to power. Our tour spans more than three thousand years, from ancient Egypt to modern America.
You’ll learn about
- The most powerful female Pharaoh of Egypt and her famous tomb
- The mythical women who frightened ancient Greek men
- The first official Roman Empress and the complete erasure of her memory
- The official mistresses of French kings and the power they wielded
- A woman scientist of pre-Revolutionary France
- The female painters whose focus on women’s lives, instead of their bodies, changed modern painting.
- A suffragette who was one of the Metropolitan’s main donors
- …and so much more.
- Guided tour
New York, NY 10028, USA
- Meet in the Metropolitan Museum's Great Hall, to the right of the entrance, at the feet of the colossal granite Pharaoh statue.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of the your tour
- Please arrive 15 minutes beforehand
Your visit to the most filmed city in the world wouldn't be complete without a Turner Classic Movies...
New York proudly holds the title as the most filmed city in the world! On this super fun TV and movi...
This walking tour will transform you into an expert on New York’s history and ardent admirer of its ...
Discover an exciting world of graffiti taggers and street artists on this walking tour while viewing...
Discover the electrifying NYC nightlife with a dedicated host who knows the in's and out's of the Bi...
Join us as we explore one of Brooklyn’s trendiest neighborhoods on a Williamsburg Food Tour – known ...