Midtown Food Truck Tour
- Visit the most delicious food trucks that find a haven in bustling midtown
- Learn about the Food Truck business directly from a truck owner
- Taste an eclectic and savory mix of local and ethnic cuisines
Over the past couple of years, the variety of foods served up by New York food trucks have been readily increasing. Food carts are no longer just serving the traditional chicken over rice. Now, there are gourmet food trucks offering anything from authentic Belgian waffles and French cuisine to lobster rolls. We've done the legwork, so we can guide you to the tastiest and most innovative cuisines prepared and served on the street. Meet the owners of these businesses on wheels, who bring a passion and love for the experience, tastes and pleasures of the meals they cook up.
As New York's largest central business district, Midtown Manhattan is indisputably the busiest single commercial district in the United States. The great majority of NYC's skyscrapers, including its tallest hotels and apartment towers, lie within Midtown. More than 700,000 commuters work in its offices, hotels, and retail establishments. Somebody has to feed all these hungry people. Bring on the Food Trucks & Carts. Their delectable cheap eats cater to the lunch crowd in this bustling part of town. New Yorkers want their food good and they want it quickly. It's a match made in food heaven.
On your 2-hour Food Truckin’ Tour you will:
- Experience a global center for news and entertainment, soaring skyscrapers, epicenter of theater
- Hear the stories behind 3 generations of hand-me-down recipes and how you can cook them yourself
- Allow us to guide you to the tastiest food trucks & carts. We've done all the delicious research
Eat your way through the best street food in the greatest city in the world! Sidewalks of NY offers our own Food Truckin' tours- mouthwatering excursions to the tastiest and most interesting New York Food Trucks. Street food in New York has its own unique, ever-changing culture as well as a long and rich history. At Sidewalks of NY, we take you to the New York food trucks that the locals frequent, so you can experience the real flavors, people and culinary energy that you can only find in NYC.
About Sidewalk Tours...
The story behind Sidewalks of NY Tours began a decade ago when it's founder, J.D. Hirsch started taking friends and family on walking tours of the city he loves. His biggest motivation was to make sure his guests experienced The TRUE New York. Through years of exploration, he had discovered the secret hideaways, and hidden gems that make New York unlike any other city in the world. He combed the streets, tasting authentic ethnic cuisines and culinary delights not found in any guide books. His lengthy walking adventures took him to dinky mom-and-pop specialty food shops, and ethnic eateries, which have stood the test of time. He began compiling a best of list in search of the best delicatessens, bagel and knish shops, coffee houses, bakeries, candy stores, hamburger joints, pizzerias, and so much more. A friend, who was visiting from out of town, noticed J.D.'s passion and enthusiasm showing people his discoveries, and suggested he start a walking tour business. And the rest, as they say, is history. Our mission at Sidewalks of NY Tours is to give exceptional walking tours of New York, so our customers will revisit these neighborhoods with confidence, and enjoy the various cultural options they provide. Our creative and fun itineraries, and friendly and knowledgeable tour guides are committed to making your tour the highlight of your stay in The Big Apple. Let us guide you on a journey to discover The True New York! Bon voyage!
- All food tastings and one bottle of water is included
- You may purchase additional food and drinks on your own
- A gratuity for your food tour guide. It is customary to tip your guide 15%-20% of the purchase price
The tour will meet in front of The Hotel @ Times Square located at 59 W 46th St, New York (10036). The closest subway stop is Rockefeller Center on the B, D, F, M trains. Exit the station and walk south along 6th Ave, against traffic, and make a left onto 46th St. The Hotel will be on your left. If you take the N, Q, R to 49th St, you will want to walk south along 7th Ave, in the direction of traffic, and make a left onto 46th St. Once you pass 6th Ave, The Hotel will be on your left. The closest parking garage is located at 38 West 46th Street b/t 5th and 6th Ave.
46th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues (New York, NY)
- Minimum purchase quantity: 2
- Tickets must be purchased in advance and cash is not accepted. Please make sure you purchase tickets well in advance of your desired tour date, as our tours sell out quickly. Tickets can be purchased online or over the phone using Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
- Tours are given rain or shine. The duration of the tour is spent walking outdoors so be prepared!
- We do a fair amount of walking on our tours. You should dress casually and wear comfortable shoes or sneakers.
- You will taste foods from five different food trucks and carts. Most people say it's enough food for lunch. We suggest individuals with large appetites, see how they feel after the tour, and order a dish from their favorite tasting.
- Please let us know if you or anyone in your group has a dietary restriction (vegetarian, diabetic, peanut allergy, etc) when you purchase your tickets. If you let us know a couple of days prior to your tour, we can usually substitute a food tasting.
- We're on our feet for approximately 2 hours. We walk at a casual pace and stand in place for a few minutes at various attractions and tastings.
- Our friendly and knowledgeable tour guides make learning about the food truck and cart business interesting, informative, and fun. Please gauge whether or not you think this tour is appropriate for your child. Children under the age of 5 are free unless they're going to participate in all of the food tastings. Strollers are permitted.
- Pets are not allowed on any of our food tasting tours.
- Our Food Truck and Cart Tour is wheelchair and stroller accessible
- On Thursdays at 13.30
- On Fridays at 12.00
Take a guided tour through one of New York City’s oldest neighborhoods--the Lower East Side. The LES...
Discover an exciting world of graffiti taggers and street artists on this walking tour while viewing...
Depart New York through New Jersey and head towards the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia. Arrivi...
Join the tour of the former World Trade Center in New York City as you commemorate the tragic events...
Your tour will begin at St. Paul’s Chapel on Broadway. This site is considered to be the oldest publ...
Discover the best of New York City on board of a hop-on-hop-off panoramic bus that will take you thr...