Toledo full-day tour from Madrid
- Discover the city-museum of Toledo declared UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Explore the amazing architecture that combines styles from all periods in history
- Visit the Church of St. Tomé and the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Admire the Gothic Toledo Cathedral and the Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. It is one of the oldest towns in Europe and has a great artistic beauty and buildings from almost all periods in history (Arabian, Gothic, Mudejar, Renaissance and Baroque style). Toledo is called the 'City of the Three Cultures' since Christians, Muslims and Jews lived there together. In the XVI century, it was also the place of residence of the great painter El Greco. This is a full-day tour that will take you to see the city's main sights and, along with your professional tour guide, you will learn all the fascinating aspects about Toledo.
ITINERARY: Outside view of the cathedral; Church of St. Tomé with El Entierro del Conde de Orgaz, masterpiece of El Greco; Synagogue of Sta. María la Blanca; Museum of Victorio Macho; Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes; famous technique of damascene (incrustation of precious metals in steel) and panoramic sightseeing of Toledo.
It also includes the inside tour of the cathedral. Its architecture shows all the stages of Spanish Gothic style, and the inside of the building contains a large number of artworks (stained glasses, choir, main chapel, altarpieces, El Greco paintings). The visit continues with the Mosque of Cristo de La Luz.
- No lunch
- Tourist lunch: Vegetable stew, veal cutting with green beans and french fries, vanilla ice-cream with fruit salad (drinks not included)
- Typical lunch: Starts with appetizers and Castillian tapas, followed by roasted lamb and vegetables and a dessert of truffle cake with ice-cream (drinks included: wine, mineral water and coffee)
- Air-conditioned coach
- Multilingual official guide (EN/ES)
- Entrance to Church of St. Tomé
- Entrance to Synagogue of Santa Maria la Blanca
- Entrance to Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Entrance to Cathedral of Toledo
- Entrance to Mosque of El Cristo de la Luz (from 1st April 2017)
- Lunch, drinks or other services not specified above
- Children: (6-15 years)
- Senior (65+ years)
- For infants (0-5 years) the tour is free (meals and consumptions not included)
Calle San Nicolás, 15, 28013 Madrid, Spain
Julia Travel office at San Nicolás street N.15 (corner with Plaza de Ramales).
- Due to the amount of walking you will be doing in Toledo, we strongly suggest you wear comfortable shoes
- From April to October: Daily
- From November to March: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday
- Departure time: 9.00am; check-in: 8.45am
Combine 2 half-day tours!In this tour you will visit the Royal Monastery of El Escorial, an architec...
Located 70 km away from Madrid is Toledo, a beautiful city-museum declared World Heritage Site by UN...
Visit Toledo and Segovia and admire the main attractions of these two cities, as they are some of th...
This full-day tour with departure from Madrid will take you to two of the most famous cities around ...
The most fun and definitely the easiest way to get to know Madrid is on this double-decker bus. With...
Enjoy one of the biggest Royal Palaces in Europe with a guide who will show you the most important r...
Combine two half day tours!Toledo (morning)Discover the "City of the Three Cultures"! Located 70 km ...
This guided tour will take you to Madrid's most majestic area. Some of the city's most famous monume...
Spaniards usually go to different tapas bars for dinner sharing different food dishes like Iberian h...
This is a unique tour that will take you off the beaten tracks, allowing you to taste the best Iberi...