Fully guided Toledo and Don Quixote Windmills tour with traditional sword workshop
- A fully-guided day trip with private, air-conditioned transport and local guide who gives the tour exclusively in English
- Take in two of the best views of Toledo
- Visit a sword-making workshop that uses centuries-old techniques to produce some of the finest blades in the world
- Step inside Toledo Cathedral with skip the line tickets and enjoy a full tour with your expert guide
- See one of the windmills made famous by Don Quixote and taste manchego cheese with an all-inclusive glass of wine on the terrace
Your day starts in Central Madrid where you’ll meet your guide and small group then hop into a private, air-conditioned minibus for the hour’s drive to Toledo. As you traverse the beautiful countryside, your guide will give you an intro to the history of the city and explain how it was shaped by Christians, Muslims, and Jews over some 2,000 years.
Before entering the city, you’ll stop at one of its most famous viewpoints for a few pictures then make your way to the jaw-dropping San Martín bridge, which has been Toledo’s most picturesque entry-point since the 14 century. Wind your way up medieval streets, passing the beautiful monastery of San Juan de los Reyes before stepping inside an artisanal sword-making workshop. Toledo has been a center of steel-working since roughly 500 BC, outfitting real warriors, and literary ones like the famous Don Quixote, whose adventures take place throughout the region surrounding the city. In the workshop, you’ll go behind the scenes to see how modern artisans are still using centuries-old techniques to produce functional works of art.
Your next stop is the Toledo Cathedral, the finest Gothic church in Spain and one of the most impressive in Europe. Your guide will give you a full tour of this architectural masterpiece, including paintings by masters like El Greco, then you’ll head over to the Tower of San Ildefonso - the highest viewpoint in Toledo - for stunning, 360-degree views over the city and nearby Alcázar.
Lunch is not included, but your guide will give you recommendations on where to go to sample Toledan specialties like lamb, partridge, and marzipan.
After lunch, you’ll get back in your private minibus and head out into the countryside to see the famous windmills of La Mancha. These windmills became famous in the 17th century when they were attacked in fiction by the knight errant, Don Quixote. You’ll get to step inside the only working windmill in the area and learn about its literary importance as well as the function it once served in the town.
After your tour, we’ll stop off at the tiny restaurant inside the windmill and treat you to a tasting of manchego cheese with a glass of wine, beer, or a soft drink. Then you can step out onto the patio for lovely views over the surrounding countryside.
Relax and indulge yourself - It’s a quick hour and a half back to Madrid where you’ll arrive with plenty of time to prepare for a late Spanish dinner.
- Mirador del Valle (viewpoint)
- Cathedral of Toledo (inside)
- Toledo center
- Sword Factory visit
- Highest viewpoint Tower climb
- Consuegra windmills
- Visit Cathedral of Toledo
- Visit Consuegra and the windmills
- Cheese & Wine Tasting at a windmill
- Round-trip transport from Madrid
- Expert Walks tour guide
- Tour in English only
- Hotel pick-up / drop-off
- Infants under 3 years old are free of charge
- Children 4-12 years of age: reduced
This tour meets in front of RODILLA coffee bar in Plaza Emperador Carlos V, 9, 28012 Madrid. Meeting Point Directions: Arriving by Metro: The closest metro station is ATOCHA (not to be confused with ATOCHA RENFE which is a different stop) - metro ATOCHA is on Line 1 (blue line) of Madrid Metro.
- Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers on this tour
- 15 September 2018 - 31 October 2018: Mondays, Saturdays
- 01 November 2019 - 31 March 2019: Not running
- 01 April 2019 - 31 October 2019: Mondays, Saturdays
Meeting & Departure Time:
- Meeting Time: 8.15am
- Departure Time: 8.30am
22th November, Stardust Madrid at Sala Cool invite: Tadeo (Token Records, Stardust Madrid) J. Gonzal...
NORLS EVERY FRIDAY Genres: Hits Lines Up: TBA Atmospheres: Elegant Door Policies: Casual dress code ...
23/11 - Roots w/ DJ Koolt, Ion Pananides, Enzo & Isbel Goya Social Club, Madrid [ Pablo's Bday Bash ...
On Thursday, November 14 Vibes presents a very special night of residents with the best micro-house ...
ROOM NAZCA END OF YEAR 2019 Genres: Hits,Reggaeton Atmospheres: Urban Door Policies: Casual dress co...
Code is the most popular techno party in Madrid. Next November 16th, it celebrates its 16th annivers...