Ultimate Changing of the Guard Experience with Westminster Dome Climb Tour
- Enjoy the iconic Changing the Guard ceremony from special vantage points with fewer crowds
- Witness the Horse Guards Parade and learn about the lesser-known but equally impressive ceremony
- Take in incredible views of central London from a special rooftop near the Houses of Parliament
Take part to a full experience of the Changing of the Guard with an expert guide who can lead you to the best vantage points.
You will get fascinating informations from the marching style of the guards to the number of buttons on the uniforms. Start your tour at the Victoria Memorial in front of Buckingham Palace with your guide and a small group. While the front of the Palace is mobbed with spectators, you’ll head over to a series of special vantage points near Wellington Barracks, where most of the protocol that makes up the ceremony happens, including music from the band and highly formal uniform checks.
Your guide will bring you into the highly symbolic world of the British military, where every badge, button, and color is imbued with centuries-old stories and traditions. As the guards process by, you’ll have front row seats to witness this ancient display of military power, then head across the park for a special treat. The Changing of the Queen’s Life Guard at the Horse Guards Parade features much of the ceremony of the more famous guard change in front of Buckingham Palace but with the added bonus of armored soldiers and highly trained horses. Unlike the guards at Buckingham, you can also stand right next to the horse guards and take pictures with them.
After you’ve witnessed these two jaw-dropping ceremonies, we have one more surprise in store for you. We end our tour atop an exclusive dome in Westminster that has the best views in the city of Westminster Abbey and 360-degree views over the rest of the city. Spared from the Blitz because of its similarities (in the eyes of German bombers) to St. Paul’s Dome, it is one of the hidden gems of the area and it’s only open to your group!
- Changing the Guard (From special vantage points)
- Exclusive rooftop access for panoramic views
- Expert local tour guide
- Small Groups of 15 people
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Food & Beverages
- Buckingham Palace, Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament (from the outside)
This tour meets at the top of the steps of the Victoria Memorial (golden statue), in front of Buckingham Palace.
- This tour ends with access to an exclusive panoramic viewpoint. Access may be limited due to local events.
- Due to security reasons this viewpoint is not accessible to children under the age of 16, pregnant women and people with heart conditions.
- During inclement weather conditions the Guard Change might not take place. We will only know this on the day of the visit. In these rare cases, you will still get a tour of the main sites, and will see the Horse Guard change.
- There are 166 steps to reach the top of the dome therefore is inaccessible to guests with mobility impairments, wheelchair users and/or strollers.
- Meeting Time: 9.30 AM
- Departure Time: 9.45 AM
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...