Shakespeare’s Globe: Guided Tour
- Enjoy a fascinating introduction to the world-famous Globe Theatre and life in Shakespeare's London
- Dive into London’s past
- Discover how shows were produced in Shakespeare's time to how the space is used today
- Learn more about William Shakespeare and his works
Step inside this faithful recreation of William Shakespeare’s iconic Globe theatre. Imagine it as it would have been at the centre of London’s notorious Bankside entertainment district.
Throughout the year our expert guides bring this extraordinary open-air theatre to life in a 40 minute guided tour, with colourful stories of the 1599 Globe, the reconstruction process in the 1990s and how the building works today as an imaginative and experimental theatre space. Take a seat ‘within this wooden O’ – listen, absorb and ask questions as the secrets of the Globe unfold.
Enjoy exciting live demonstrations in The Guided Tour Welcome and Demonstration Space at various times throughout the day, which include Elizabethan clothing dressings, stage fighting and printing the plays using a replica 17th century printing press.
- Guided tour language sheets available in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese
- Live demonstrations throughout the day in the interpretation and demonstration space
- Children from 5 to 15 years old
21 New Globe Walk, London SE1 9DT
Ticket office of Shakespeare's Globe.
- This is a working theatre. The tours may occasionally not be available. An alternative may be offered, due to events, rehearsals, and performances
- The weather never stops the tours. The Globe Theatre is an open-air arena, so if you are in the yard (the area surrounding the stage) on your tour, then you may get wet. It is recommended to wear appropriate clothing and footwear
- Tours do not go backstage and visitors cannot go on stage
- Guided tours are in English, however free information sheets are available in French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese and Simplified Chinese
- You can take photographs throughout the tour. You may find something taking place in the theatre which prevents you from taking photographs (for example, rehearsals for a forthcoming performance)
- Your tour guide will advise you about photography. Please do not video the tour
- Drinks are permitted on tours, as long as they are in a bottle or in a container with a sealable lid
- There is a restaurant and cafe located on site
- You must keep items of luggage and pushchairs with you: there is no cloakroom facility for the tour
- Tours depart every 30 minutes (on the hour and half hour)
- Please click here to see the opening hours
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...