Our Favorite Artifacts in the British Museum
- See the Highlights of the British Museum, including the Rosetta Stone, Polynesian statues and the original facade of the Parthenon, among others.
- Learn how to navigate the enormous museum and what to see if you want to spend more time
You could spend a lifetime looking at every item in the collection of the British Museum and still not see them all so during this tour you'll see seven specific items that will give you a feel for the scope and depth of what you can see here in hopes of giving you a good starting point. Your guide will take you to each artifact and reveal the story behind it, from how it was made to how it got to London and what makes it such an important cultural relic. You’ll puzzle over the mystery of the Moai (giant stones heads) from the South Pacific, learn how the Rosetta Stone helped to decipher the hieroglyphics, examine the ancient origins of the world’s favorite board game, marvel at the epic story engraved in the Parthenon Marbles, and more. In just an hour you will have traveled the world and seen some of its most valuable artifacts without ever leaving the building.
- Guided Walking Tour
- Expert local guides
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
- Infants up to 3 years are free of charge
Outside the British Museum group entrance on Montague Place.
- Gratuities to guides are appreciated but never obligatory
- Please note that guests must arrive 10 minutes before tour departure time
- 01 April 2019 - 31 October 2019: Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Sundays
- Departure Time: 11.45 am
Go on a guided tour of Wembley Stadium and go behind-the-scenes of one of the most famous stadiums i...
On your free walking tour of royal London, your local expert guide will introduce you to the persona...
Discover what it takes to be the world’s most famous secret agent, as we take you on a journey to un...
Sit back, relax and discover London’s historic sites and attractions with The Original Tour 24-hour ...
Step into the colourful galleries at the Postal Museum to discover exciting and unexpected stories f...
Jump on a classic red double-decker bus and see London’s most famous highlights including Big Ben, t...