Treasures of Florence walking tour with Accademia and Uffizi Galleries
- Discover the collections of two of the most famous museums in the world
- Avoid lines at the entrance and spend more time inside the Galleries
- Explore the heart of the city and the main sights of Florence
- Admire Botticelli's famous Spring and Michelangelo's David
- Expert commentary on the collections by a certified guide
Visit two of the most famous museums in the world, the Accademia Gallery and the Uffizi, skipping the long lines at the entrance. Take advantage of a walking tour of Florence to discover the main attractions of the city thanks to the explanations of a professional guide.
The experience begins with a guided visit of the Accademia Gallery, where you will learn why Michelangelo's David is the most recognizable symbol of Florence and what it used to represent in his time. How did the genius of Michelangelo meet the challenge of extracting the pathos of a being and fixing it forever in time in the Pietà, or the famous Prisoners who still seem to struggle free from their marble blocks? You will have the answers to all your questions. Get the chance to have a close encounter with timeless works of art and get the inside story of the life and times of this consummate artist.
After the guided tour, you will have some free time to wander around on your own and to have lunch (not included). The second part of the tour starts in the early afternoon. Take advantage of an excellent and complete introductory tour dedicated to those who want to know all the facts and secrets of two thousand years of Florentine history from the city’s Roman origins, passing by Ponte Vecchio and through the famous Uffizi courtyard, to the wonders of the architecture of Brunelleschi’s Dome which overlooks the Baptistery's golden Gates of Paradise.
After the walking tour, you will visit one of the most famous museums in the world: the Uffizi Gallery. Your knowledgeable guide will explain the works of the greatest artists from the Middle Ages to the Renaissance: Cimabue, Giotto, Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, Titian and many others. You will recognize original world-famous paintings you have seen in books, magazines, and on TV close-ups. Discover the secrets, techniques and tools of the greatest artists in the history of art and admire the most famous artworks of the period to understand why Florence is considered the cradle of the Renaissance. Once you've finished your guided tour of the Uffizi, you will have the opportunity to stay longer in the Gallery and explore it on your own.
- Skip-the-line entrance and guided tour of the Accademia Gallery (1 hour)
- Guided tour of Florence with a monolingual guide (1 hour 45 minutes)
- Skip-the-line entrance and guided tour of the Uffizi (2 hours)
- Earphones (only for groups with more than 15 participants)
- Infants (0-5 years): free of charge
- Children (6-14 years): reduced
Via Ricasoli, 58/60, 50122 Florence FI, Italy
First part of the tour: at 10.45am in front of the main entrance of the Accademia Gallery (cash desk for pre-booked tickets).
Second part of the tour: at 1.30pm at 'My Tour Point' in front of Café Agorá in Piazza San Lorenzo 13R.
The staff will be waiting for you at both meeting points wearing a green T-shirt with the My Tour logo.
- The tour requires a minimum of 2 participants
- Summer season (April - October): from Tuesday to Sunday (except every first Sunday of the month) at 11.00am
- Winter season (November - March): Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 11.00am
- The tour in Italian takes place only on Saturdays
The Florence discovery begins with a relaxing and scenic bus tour, that offers panoramic views of th...
Piazza del Duomo in Florence is an extraordinary open-air museum, full of chests holding incredible ...
The museums included in this ticket are: - the Porcelain Museum - the Boboli Gardens - the Bardini G...
Have you ever wondered why Florence was the birthplace of the Renaissance? An excellent and complete...
The tour of the Grande Museo del Duomo (Great Museum of the Cathedral) is a single great itinerary t...
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
This tour will take you to enjoy the rich history and the art of the most spellbinding sights in Tus...
Enjoy this exclusive Dome experience skip-the-line tour with a professional local guide. Climb the 4...
Spend a day in the true heart of Tuscany, visit medieval villages of incomparable charm and discover...
Chianti is not only the name of a famous red wine, but also the region of Tuscany with a gentle coun...