The essence of Tuscany tour with wine tasting and lunch
- Spend a day in the heart of Tuscany, its medieval villages and beautiful countryside
- Discover the Chianti region: Greve, Monteriggioni, Montalcino and Montepulciano
- Taste world-famous wines and delicious local products
Spend a day in the true heart of Tuscany, visit medieval villages of incomparable charm and discover the ancient traditional production of wine, cheese, cold cuts and excellent meat renowned and appreciated all over the world. Explore the beautiful territory that nature and man have shared for centuries in an unbeatable balance.
Enjoy the journey through the old vineyards and olive groves that characterize the splendid hills of the Chianti territory and reach Greve. You will enjoy the charm of its historic square flanked by open galleries and wander around the characteristic handicraft shops selling typical Chianti products. The experience continues with a stop in Castellina, a picturesque ancient hamlet perched on a hill, where you'll visit a suggestive historical winery. Just outside the village, in one of the most famous vineyards of the area, you will be guided through a tasting of different Chianti wines, extra-virgin olive oil on Tuscan bread, vin santo with locally produced "cantuccini" and lavender honey.
As you proceed along a panoramic road, admire the picturesque village of Monteriggioni, a small medieval jewel still surrounded by its ancient walls. Further on, come across the unmistakable clay landscape of the Crete Senesi, a hilly desert territory that rouses unforgettable feelings. Continuing on, you'll reach an area that contrasts incredibly with the Crete, which is immersed in the green Val d'Orcia (a UNESCO heritage site) in a harmonious hilly landscape dotted with cypresses and interrupted by castles, churches, ancient villages of Etruscan origin and farms all along the famous Via Francigena route.
Here, you'll reach a typical farm, where you will be served a guided tasting of the renowned Rosso di Montalcino, Brunello and other superb Tuscan wines together with a lunch based on a large selection of local products and a delicious homemade fruit pie as a dessert. All this is followed by a visit to the cellars and some free time to enjoy the nature around you.
Later on, stop in the medieval village of Montalcino with its characteristic boundary walls enriched with towers and the imposing fourteenth-century fortress that offers one of the most beautiful views of Val d’Orcia. Along Montalcino narrow streets you'll find dozens of wineries and handicraft shops selling local products. Finally, you'll reach Montepulciano, which is enclosed by fortified walls and perched on a hill 600 meters above sea level between Val d’Orcia and Val di Chiana. The town is renowned for its Noble Wine obtained from the surrounding vineyards.
- Experience in a small group (max 8)
- Trip in a luxury minivan
- Professional English-speaking driver
- Guided wine and oil tasting in Chianti
- Guided wine tasting and typical lunch in Montalcino
- Wine tasting in Montepulciano
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in the city center
- Infant (0–2): 50% discount
- Child (3–8): 30% discount
- Show a document proving children’s age upon request
Piazza della Repubblica, 50123 Florence FI, Italy
Pick up at your accommodation in central Florence (if agreed with the local operator) or departure at 8.25am from Piazza della Repubblica, in front of Gilli Caffè.
- Pick-up service available at your accommodation located in the city center of Florence: please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator at least 48 hours before the tour departure; you can find the contact information on the voucher after booking
- Please note that a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 participants apply. Cancellation after confirmation is possible if the minimum number isn't reached. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered another date or an alternative tour or full refund
- The English-speaking driver leads the tour with general introductory information. He is not allowed to lead a guided visit of the city, nor to provide information inside museums and churches
- Comfortable shoes are recommended. Access to places of worship requires suitable clothing: shorts, bare shoulders, sandals, hats and sunglasses are not allowed
- On Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday at 8.30am
Learn why Florence became the birthplace of the Renaissance on a 90-minute walking tour of the city’...
The “Florence and a bite of Tuscany” tour is perfect to discover the beauty of Florence environs, cy...
Join this cooking class in the heart of the beautiful Florence with the help of an experienced Chef!...
Learn how to make pasta like an Italian in the heart of Florence!During this unique experience, you ...
A pleasant walk through Florence is just what you need to be introduced to the city and its splendor...
The Tuscany wine and olive oil trail was born to give travelers the opportunity to enjoy the greater...