Siena, Sangimignano and Chianti Private Van day trip from Florence with guided tour
- A perfect experience for your private group
- An unforgettable day spent visiting Siena with a professional city guide and the Chianti area accompanied by an expert English speaking driver
- Discover the best spots in Siena, Sangimignano and in the Chianti area
During the 8hr tour, you will explore the Gothic city of Siena with its famous shell-shaped Piazza del Campo and the gorgeous cathedral followed step by step by a licensed tour guide! In the afternoon you will have the opportunity to visit some of the most famous vineyards, or unknown small family businesses, see their cellars and taste their excellent wines.
Your first stop will be in Siena where you’ll meet your private guide. The center of the gothic city of Siena is the famous shell-shaped Piazza del Campo. This is the place where, on July 2nd and August 16th every year the Palio, the famous horse race, is run. Situated along the Via di Città and via Banchi di Sopra there are historical buildings and many good shops. The Duomo is one of the most evocative and original creations of medieval Italian art. In addition to the splendid façade, skillfully decorated with sculptures, note the original Romanesque bell tower with bands of black and white marble.
In the city of Siena, you will be followed step by step by a professional tour guide! (from 2 to 3hr guide included). You will also have the chance to lunch in a local restaurant or "trattoria" or, upon request, in a "family wine farm" where traditional food is served accompanied by their own wines.
Chianti is a vast territory between Florence and Siena in the heart of Tuscany. It’s a region known for wine and olive oil production as well as for the magnificent landscape. Visit to one (or more, if time permits) of the several wineries followed by the owner or a winemaker explaining the different steps of processing the wine (from the fermentation to the bottling). Then, get to tasting! Enjoy a glass of Chianti Classico, Chianti Reserve, Tuscan dessert wine or a prominent white wine. Learn the complex characters of each from your expert guide while you taste. You will have the possibility to have olive oil or balsamic vinegar tasting, You can buy their honey, and other typical products of the farm visited. (tasting not included).
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Florence area
- Transport in a private van
- Expert Tuscan driver
- Private tour with guide in Siena
- Your professional English speaking driver will be able to create a private tour according to your own needs suggesting the best places to stop and the visit of famous or small wineries own by a single family.
- This tour is private: all the program, from the stops to the departure times, can be modified and organized according to your requests.
- Upon customer request, it is possible to organize lunch in a cellar or organic farm for wine tastings or local foods. Highly recommended experience
- The pick-up at your hotel is included only if the hotel is inside the city borders
- Please notice that pick-up at hotels outside city borders can also be scheduled for an extra fee depending on the fuel price
- This private tour departs every day
- The departure time is 9.30am
Experience Florence in a way that you'll never forget! Taste the best products from every corner of ...
The countryside around Florence is full of surprises: antique villas, churches, monasteries, magnifi...
The Palio is a famous horse race held twice a year (on 2nd July and 16th August) in Piazza del Campo...
Inspired by the world-renowned ‘Three Tenors’ of Luciano Pavarotti, Plácido Domingo and José Carrera...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato at an idyllic setting in the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...
Enjoy intimate small group walking tour through the historical city centre of Florence This small gr...