Florence Santa Croce Church Tour
- Visit the Basilica di Santa Lucia, the Temple of the Italian Glories
- Burial place of several Florentine and Italian masters such as Michelangelo, Machiavelli, Galileo Galilee, Rossini and more
- Find frescos by Giotto and a chapel designed by Brunelleschi
- Admire the works by Donatello and the monument dedicated to Dante Alighieri, author of the Divine Comedy
The tour starts in the main square, where the famous soccer game in medieval costumes, the Calcio Storico Fiorentino, takes place here every year in June.
Then you will visit The Basilica di Santa Croce is the principal Franciscan church in Florence, Italy, and a minor basilica of the Roman Catholic Church. It is situated on the Piazza di Santa Croce. It is the burial place of some of the most illustrious Italians, such as Michelangelo, Galileo, Machiavelli, the poet Foscolo, the philosopher Gentile and the composer Rossini, thus it is known also as the Temple of the Italian Glories.
Santa Croce is considered to be one of the most important, interesting and beautiful churches in the whole of Italy. This unique structure houses the tombs of several Florentine and Italian masters such as Michelangelo, Machiavelli, Galileo Galilee, Rossini and other important historical personalities. Here you will find frescos by Giotto, a chapel designed by Brunelleschi, works by Donatello and a monument dedicated to Dante Alighieri, author of the Divine Comedy.
- Entrance Tickets
- Official Certified guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Child (6 -12): reduced
- Child (0-5): free of charge
Piazza di Santa Croce, 50122 Firenze FI
In front of Dante Alighieri statue.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
From Monday to Saturday at 03.00pm
Enjoy a lovely half-day trip to Pisa to discover the beauty of its monuments and countryside.Travel ...
Leave Florence for a couple of days and discover the magical city of Venice!Your high-speed train wi...
The Eternal City is waiting for you! Enjoy a couple of days in Rome with this brand-new package with...
Learn how to make pizza and gelato at an idyllic setting in the beautiful Tuscan countryside! You’ll...
We’ll pick you up at the meeting point in the centre of Florence and we’ll drive you in our minivan ...
The “Florence and a bite of Tuscany” tour is perfect to discover the beauty of Florence environs, cy...