Florence Duomo Museum complex tour with Cathedral, Crypt, Baptistery, Bell Tower and Opera del Duomo
- Visit all the monuments in Piazza Duomo in one tour
- The spectacular “Opera del Duomo” Museum and its treasures
- The greatest artists of the Middle Ages and Renaissance in Florence
The tour of the Grande Museo del Duomo (Great Museum of the Cathedral) is a single great itinerary that will take you through more than 1500 years of history, embracing all the monuments on the world-famous Piazza del Duomo: from the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, to the Brunelleschi’s Dome, Giotto’s Bell Tower, the St. John's Baptistery and the Museum of the Works of the Cathedral. A unique chance to enjoy a truly exceptional cultural experience in the heart of Medieval and Renaissance Florence, a tour of marvels among the monuments of a square that is a concentration of art unlike any in the world.
Your art historian guide will first take you to the Baptistery dedicated to St. John, the Patron Saint of Florence. The Baptistery is one of the oldest buildings in Florence and home to the glittering golden mosaics that decorate the dome and a spectacular Matroneo (Women's Gallery). The outer façade is covered in Carrara and Prato marble and is enriched with beautiful bronze doors, including a copy of the two known as the Gates of Paradise.
As you leave the Baptistery, the tour proceeds with the elegant Giotto’s Bell Tower, covered in multi-coloured marble and graced with a base decorated with a fabulous figurative cycle.
The guide will reveal then the secrets of the celebrated majestic Brunelleschi’s Dome, the largest masonry construction ever built, one of the city's icons. Inside the magnificent Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, a masterpiece of Gothic architecture and the third largest church in the world, you can admire the beautiful frescoes by Vasari and Zuccari adorning the inside of the Dome, one of the world's most important stained glass window cycles created by the greatest artists of the early Renaissance and magnificent works by Baccio Bandinelli, Benedetto da Maiano, Luca Della Robbia, Lorenzo Ghiberti, Andrea Del Castagno and many others.
After a short break to take some pictures, the tour will continue with a visit to the spectacular Opera del Duomo Museum. The greatest treasures from the monuments of the Cathedral complex are all carefully housed in this incredible museum, in an amazing scenic setting. You'll see a life-size reconstruction of the Cathedral as it was in the times of Dante Alighieri, as well as the sculptures of Arnolfo di Cambio, Donatello and Nanni di Banco. You'll see the original doors of the Baptistery, including the gilded Gates to Paradise done by Lorenzo Ghiberti. You'll be moved as you gaze upon the Pietà del Duomo sculpted by Michelangelo and the Penitent Magdalene by Donatello. You'll admire the beauty of the Altar of St. John, a stupendous silver masterpiece, and the other magnificent works of art done by the greatest medieval and renaissance artists of Florence.
Those who so desire may climb up to the panoramic terrace to admire the grandiose Dome from close up.
PLEASE NOTE: Your ticket to the monuments of the Duomo is also valid for access to the Giotto Bell Tower to enjoy the most incredible views of the city. To be used within 48 or 72 hours from the issue.
- Caf Tour's staff assistance
- Museum entrance ticket with advanced booking fee (guaranteed admission and skip the general entry line)
- 72h entrance ticket for the Duomo complex monuments
- Access to the Dome
- Child (0-5 years old): free of charge
- Child (6-11 years old): reduced
Piazza del Duomo, 107, 50122 Firenze FI, Italy
In front of the Scudieri Cafe.
- Your ticket to the monuments of the Duomo is also valid to access to the famous Dome and the Giotto Bell Tower to enjoy the most incredible views of the city. To be used within 72 hours from the issue.
- During periods of increased inflow of visitors, despite the reservation, the admission to the museums may be subject to delays, mainly due to security reasons for which the access to the museum is regulated according to the number of people inside it. Based on the above reasons any possible delay cannot be attributable to Caf Tour & Travel responsibility
- We recommend to wear appropriate clothes to visit worship sights
- From Monday to Saturday at 12.00pm
Enjoy this exclusive Dome experience skip-the-line tour with a professional local guide. Climb the 4...
Listen to the stories that make Florence one of Italy’s most captivating cities. Tales of tragic lov...
The Florence discovery begins with a relaxing and scenic bus tour, that offers panoramic views of th...
Visit the birthplace of the Renaissance with your Florence City Pass. Discover the hometown of Leona...
Discover Florence from a new point of view: stroll in the alleys of the historic center as your guid...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile over a UNESCO World Heritage are...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile, crossing through the UNESCO Wor...
This fascinating walk winds along an enchanting itinerary of a mile through a UNESCO World Heritage ...
Chianti wine is one of the Tuscan excellence, produced already in the Etruscan period and exported t...
Don't miss the chance to visit the most important museums in Florence with a single ticket! Visit Uf...