David Bowie's Berlin city tour
- Travel back in time to the Cold War that inspired David Bowie's Berlin albums
- Start at the legendary club Zoo Station and follow Bowie's trail to the flat he shared with Iggy Pop
- Take a stroll by the Hansa recording studios where Bowie’s music reached its creative peak
- Discover Bowie's strange inspirational attachment to his adopted dystopia of Cold War angst,
- Visit and explore Bowie's favorite Berlin Clubs and Cafés
When David Bowie moved to Berlin in 1976, he found an island of Cold War angst, “cut off from its world, art and culture, dying with no hope of retribution.” This tour takes you back to the decadent 1970s city that inspired Bowie’ s classic Berlin albums Low, Heroes and Lodger. Starting at Cold War West Berlin’ s decadent heart, Zoo Station, we follow Bowie’ s trail to the flat he shared with Iggy Pop, the clubs they partied in and the legendary Hansa recording studios where Bowie’ s music reached its creative peak.
Visited sites: Bahnhof Zoo, former Dschungel Club, KaDeWe, Potsdamer Platz, Hansa Studios, Berlin Wall, Topographie of Terror, Bowie’ s former home, Neues Ufer Café.
- Guided walking tour of David Bowie's Berlin (3 hours)
- You will need to use public transport a few times since the distances between some key sites would be too far to walk. If you will not have a few day visitor's transit pass to Berlin already, we suggest that you purchase the day metro pass. If you cannot purchase it in advance then your guide will help you to purchase it at the first metro station on the tour
Schiffbauerdamm 8, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Meet your guide at Ständige Vertretung, a memorabilia-filled cafe, Schiffbauerdamm 8, 10117 Berlin.
- Monday and Friday: 2.00pm
- Wednesday and Saturday: 5.00pm:
Have you just arrived in Berlin and don't know where to start? This tour is the perfect solution: ou...
Ostpolitik, DDR, Stasi, Ostalgie, Trabi and the Wall. Do these names and acronyms take you back to f...
Captivating special effects bring 750 years of Berlin’s history to life! At Little BIG City, the uni...
Stranded behind the iron curtain for nearly 40 years, West Berlin developed its own unique identity ...
Perfect for all first-time Berlin explorers and for those that want to experience the beautiful city...
This cruise on the Spree in Berlin is the perfect option for you, if you want to see as much of Berl...