Montserrat Tour with Cog-Wheel Train
- Enjoy the spectacular view of the imposing mountain
- Reach the Monastery of Montserrat with a cog-wheel train
The Montserrat Afternoon Tour with Cog-Wheel Train is a unique experience to live if you plan on visiting Barcelona. This tour will last approximately 4 and a half hours.
Start your half day trip from Barcelona in comfortable Bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meter). You will go up to Montserrat with Cog – Wheel Train which leaves you in the middle of the Monastery. It is a 15-minute trip with a privileged and spectacular view of the mountain. The train has panoramic windows which make the actual journey an interesting attraction. The trains are air-conditioned and they are completely wheelchair-friendly.
The rocks of Montserrat formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries affected by the wind and rain who shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta, the Black Virgin. The Benedictine sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded at 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs to pilgrims one thousand years after it was originally founded.
- Air conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual Official guide (English & Spanish)
- Taste of 4 typical liquors
- Entrance to Audiovisual "Espai Audiovisual Montserrat"
- Cog-Wheel Train
- Food, drink and other amenities
- Entrance tickets to any museum/monument/sight unless distinctly specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children: 0-3 years free; 4-12 years reduced
Carrer de Balmes, 1, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Julia Travel Office at Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals.
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes.
- At Montserrat there is a mountains climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold.
- Daily from 1 Apr - 31 Oct at 3.00pm / Check-In time: 2.45pm
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 1 Nov - 31 Mar at 2.30pm / Check-In time: 2.15pm
The most crazy sessions take place at Pacha Barcleona every Monday during summer time! An amazing pe...
Morodo Benny Page Genres: Electronic,Techno Lines Up: Morodo,Benny Page Atmospheres: Underground Doo...
FRIDAY | AUGUST 2019 @ RAZZMATAZZ CLUBS | Opening doors 01:00 am 1 Ticket 4 clubs >>> RAZZCLUB, THE ...
Every Thursday in Jamboree Dance Club, Bcn Or Die... Before the weekend. R&B, Hip Hop, Indie Dance, ...
With only a couple of years of life and thirteen references published, the Lone Romantic label has b...
Wendesday night join a unique club just in front of the beach at Barceloneta. Space Music Garden pre...