Montserrat morning tour with a taste of liquors
- Enjoy a half-day trip from Barcelona
- Discover the majesty of the mountain of Montserrat
- Admire the rocks of Montserrat and taste some typical liquors
Start your half-day trip from Barcelona in comfortable Bus to the mountain of Montserrat which rises majestically to 4,051 feet (1,236 meters). This Montserrat morning tour lasts about 5 and a half hours and you will be accompanied the whole time by an official tour guide.
The rocks of Montserrat formed by natural cement of sand during the centuries affected by the wind and rain which shaped the mountain with strange and varied forms. The popular imagination has seen human or animal shape in some of these peaks, giving them names and inventing legends to explain their fantastic origins. You will visit the Royal Basilica of Montserrat, which holds the famous 12th century Romanesque carving of Virgen Moreneta (the Black Virgin). The Benedict sanctuary of Montserrat has been founded at 1025 and provides a mystical backdrop for the Virgin of Montserrat, the patron saint of Catalonia who is enshrined in the monastery's Royal Basilica. The little monastery soon began to receive pilgrims and visitors who contributed to the spread of stories of miracles and wonders performed by the Virgin. Today, Montserrat has been modernized to continue attending to the needs of pilgrims one thousand years after it was originally founded.
On some days the children's choir sings in the monastery and so you may be fortunate enough to catch one of their delightful performances.
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- Bilingual official guide
- Taste of 4 typical liquors
- Entrance to the Audiovisual "Espai Audiovisual Montserrat"
- Food, drink and other amenities
- Entrance tickets to any museum/monument/sight unless distinctly specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Children (0-3 years): free
- Children (4-12 years): reduced
Carrer de Balmes, 1, 08001 Barcelona, Spain
Julia Travel Office at Carrer de Balmes 5, Barcelona
- Correct dress code is requested to enter the Basilica at Montserrat. It is not permitted to enter with tank tops, strapless shirts, short shorts or sandals
- Please be aware that some walking is included during this tour, please come prepared and we recommend wearing comfortable clothes and shoes
- At Montserrat there is a mountainous climate, depending on the season you will need clothes protecting you from the rain and/or cold
- Departure time: 9.15am
- Check-in time: 9.00am
Every Thursday in Jamboree Dance Club, Bcn Or Die... Before the weekend. R&B, Hip Hop, Indie Dance, ...
Dj Eley, born in Lima, Peru 24 years ago but raised in Barcelona, has been influenced by black music...
Our new Wednesdays will make you feel like you are in paradise, join our djs and make your night ama...
Patrice Bäumel is an internationally renowned Dj and producer currently living in Amsterdam. 2017 w...
Enrico Sangiuliano is a name you will have noted if you have been anywhere in the electronic music s...
More info soon! Genres: Electronic,Techno Lines Up: East End Dubs,Hitch Atmospheres: Underground Doo...