Gaudí Casa Vicens tickets and guided visit with optional Park Güell tour
- Learn about the architectural and artistic movement of Catalonian Modernism
- Discover Casa Vicens, the first house of Antoni Gaudí
- If you want, enjoy an additional visit to the famous Park Güell
- Discover two beautiful attractions of the city
This guided tour will take you to discover Casa Vicens, the first house of Antoni Gaudí, a house with an unusual oriental and Mudejar aroma, covered with spectacular green and white tiles. The building is the prelude to Gaudí’s body of work and hints at the future of Art Nouveau (Modernisme) in Catalonia.
Casa Vicens was built as a summer house between 1883 and 1885; it was designed by the 31-year-old Gaudí for Manel Vicens i Montaner (1836-1895), a broker-dealer. It is Gaudí’s first building in Barcelona where he was able to display his enormous talent.
In Casa Vicens, Gaudí recreated the figurative worlds that were fashionable at the time, but in a highly personal way. The house is built following Catalan construction traditions, which the architect interpreted in unexpected ways, while he also incorporated his own decorative and symbolic elements. As a whole, it heralds and displays the creative freedom that would become the hallmark of his entire life’s work.
In addition to being one of the starting points of Gaudí’s career, the architect created an innovative, original work in Casa Vicens which is different from anything that had been built in Catalonia before. Casa Vicens thus became one of the first examples of the aesthetic renewal of art and architecture that was taking place all around Europe in the late 19th century.
It is the eighth building in Barcelona listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the last to be opened to the public.
The visit ends at Casa Vicens. Located in the quiet neighborhood of Gracia which is well connected with public transport.
- Make the best of your day - Optional Park Güell tour
You will not find any park like this one in the world! Antoni Gaudi was commissioned to build this architectural wonder by Count Güell, who wanted him to plan an elegant residential area. Today it is a public park and it belongs to the city heritage. It has been declared UNESCO’s World Heritage Site and is just another wonder that awaits you on your visit to Barcelona.
During the visit you will enter Park Güell through the big staircase dominated by the dragon, decorated with mosaic of ceramic tiles, the Catalan style known as “trencadís”. This dragon is one of the most characteristic images of Barcelona. The park is arranged around a large central square bordered by a snaky bench covered by the trencadís mosaic style. Below the square, the roof is supported by 86 Doric columns shaped like trees, with paths between them, and viaducts on sloping columns: Gaudí's work, like no other, unites nature and architecture. The visit ends in Park Güell.
- Air-conditioned motor coach (one way only)
- Official bilingual guide
- Tickets and guided visit to Casa Vicens
- Tickets and guided visit to Park Güell with transfer from Casa Vicens (only if chosen)
- Transfer to city center (Casa Vicens tour ends at Casa Vicens, Casa Vicens tour with Park Güell ends at Park Güell)
- Children 0-6 years: free
Carrer de Balmes, 3, 08007 Barcelona, Spain
Julia Travel office, next to Plaça Catalunya
- Casa Vicens tour ends at Casa Vicens (C/ de les Carolines, 20, Barcelona)
- Casa Vicens tour + Park Güell ends at the souvenir shop at 12 Olot St (in front Park Güell main entrance)
- This a walking tour, please come prepared and wear comfortable clothes and shoes
- From 23 March 2018 until 31 October 2018
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 08.45am
- Please be at the meeting point at least 15 minutes before the departure time
Every Thursday in Jamboree Dance Club, Bcn Or Die... Before the weekend. R&B, Hip Hop, Indie Dance, ...
Dj Eley, born in Lima, Peru 24 years ago but raised in Barcelona, has been influenced by black music...
Our new Wednesdays will make you feel like you are in paradise, join our djs and make your night ama...
Patrice Bäumel is an internationally renowned Dj and producer currently living in Amsterdam. 2017 w...
Enrico Sangiuliano is a name you will have noted if you have been anywhere in the electronic music s...
More info soon! Genres: Electronic,Techno Lines Up: East End Dubs,Hitch Atmospheres: Underground Doo...