Water, windmills and local experiences tour from Amsterdam with boat ride and lunch
- Relax on a boat tour on the Frisian Lakes
- Visit to the world famous Afsluitdijk
- Stroll through a picturesque open-air museum village
- Enjoy a taditional Dutch Farmers Lunch
- Visit to a windmill where you will meet the miller
- Experience a guided tour through the world’s largest working steampumping station
This is the start of your Water, Windmills and Local Experiences tour! Learn from expert local guides at several locations and gain unique insights into the Netherlands
Begin the day with a stop you do not want to miss, the Enclosing Dike. This world famous, 30 kilometer long, dike is indispensable for the Netherlands, and a real must see when in the Netherlands.
Then you’re off to Friesland, home of the Amsterdam Lake District. Here a captain will be waiting for you to take you around on the famous Frisian Lakes. Enjoy the meadows, cows and landscape from upclose. This boattrip will end in a picturesque open-air museum village, where the locals will welcome you for a trip back in time.
After enjoying a typical Dutch Farmers Lunch here (included in your tour), it’s time to meet your local guide in picturesque Woudsend. Wander around through the maze of alleys in this village while the guide will tell you all the secrets this village has kept for years. This is also where you will visit a traditional windmill in which the miller will give you a guided tour. Afterwards you will have some free time to explore this wonderful village on your own.
The final stop is a UNESCO treasure: the impressive Ir. D.F. Wouda Steam Pumping Station. Where a local operator will await you for a grand tour through this amazing building.
- Transport by luxurious air conditioned bus
- Experienced driver and guide
- Traditional Dutch Farmers Lunch with coffee and tea
- All entry fees
- Local guides at several stops
- Exclusive map of the Amsterdam Lake District
- Transport from your hotel
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children aged (4-13): Reduced
- Infants aged (0-3): Free
Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Meet your guide at This is Holland. Take the free ferry from the Amsterdam Central station (to Buikslotermeer) and walk 2 minutes to "This is Holland".
- Bring your booking confirmation (on your phone) and show at the check-in desk or to your tour guide
- Maximum group size of 19 people
- Wednesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays at 8.30am
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to tours departure
If high temperatures make you feel like a fish out of water and the cold doesn’t scare you, the Xtra...
Escape the hustle and bustle of Amsterdam on a half-day guided tour of the Dutch countryside, starti...
Enjoy the fascinating private walking tour of the beautiful city of Amsterdam and discover its uniqu...
During your Amsterdam walking tour, your local expert guide will take you through the city's most fa...
Passing through the typical Dutch landscape you’ll drive in about one hour and a half to the Dutch V...
Amsterdam is best seen from the water, and on this 75-minute canal cruise you’ll experience the best...