Hop-on hop-off windmills and Dutch villages bus tour with This is Holland
- Experience Holland from a bird’s eye view at the virtual flight experience This is Holland
- Hop on the bus tour that will take you through the picturesque countryside
- Get to know the Dutch traditions and enjoy self-guided walking tours
Start your tour at any desired time at “This is Holland”, the ultimate virtual flight experience over Holland in Amsterdam! While flying over the beautiful landscapes, you will get an idea of how Holland was created. For the Dutch, water is both their best friend and enemy alike. Using mounds, dikes, windmills and polders, the Dutch succeeded in reclaiming land from the sea creating the extraordinary country below sea-level. Learn about the ingenuity behind these structures through this unique flight experience. The magnificent filming will give you a spectacular aerial view and the special effects of sound and smell adds to the exciting experience.
Then, see the wonderful landscape with your own eyes as you hop on the comfortable bus that will take you within 15 minutes to the countryside just north of Amsterdam. You can hop on and off as you please. Each stop provides its own special slice of the Dutch culture and tradition, this tour has the perfect variety as you explore the Dutch countryside. Enjoy self-guided walking tours with an audio guide or just walk around and admire the typical historical villages. En route, enjoy amazing country views away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
There are buses every 45 minutes from each stop which provides the perfect amount of freedom to enjoy your favorite area at your own leisure. Spending as much or as little time at each stop gives you flexibility that cannot be found elsewhere. When planning your trip to Holland, be sure not to miss this gem of a tour which is suitable for all.
Hop on Hop off Cheese, Windmills and Dutch Villages stops ( note that buses travel in one direction during the hop-on-hop-off tour in the following order):
- THIS IS HOLLAND (departure point with last departure at 2.30pm)
- Zaanse Schans (last departure at 5.55pm)
- Behold the famous windmills at the characteristic Zaanse Schans
- Edam (last departure at 6.15pm)
- During the Middle Ages, one of the most important cities in Holland; nowadays, a charming historical town
- Volendam (last departure at 6.25pm)
- This old fisherman’s village has a very beautiful harbour and breathes tradition
- Cheese Farm Henri Willig (last departure at 5.05pm)
- Discover the art of cheese making during a free guided tour among the farm animals
- Monnickendam (last departure at 6.45pm)
- Founded by monks, find out all about the history of this hidden gem
- Entry to This is Holland (2 shows)
- Hop-on hop-off bus day ticket
- Free guided tour at Henri Willig Cheese Farm
- Visit to Zaanse Schans
- Audio tour through app on the bus
- Self-guided walking tours available at all stops
- Countryside guide book with information on the stops, recommended sights of interest and local tips
- Food and drinks
- Children ages 4-11: reduced
- Small children ages 0-3: free
Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Please exchange your voucher at the check-in desk that is located on the ground floor of the THIS IS HOLLAND, situated opposite Amsterdam Central Station along the IJ River. Take the free ferry from Central Station to the opposite side, direction: ‘Buikslotermeer’. This is only a 3 minute boat trip. From here it is just a 3 minute walk to THIS IS HOLLAND.
Please note the check-in desk is open until 2.30pm. The last departure for buses leaving Amsterdam is at 2.30pm
- When visiting This is Holland, large backpacks and bags should be stored in the provided lockers
- Pets are not permitted (only assistance dogs)
- Guests who use wheelchairs may enter the flight experience only if they are able to transfer from their wheelchair to the ride seat by themselves or with the assistance of a companion
- An audio guide is available on the hop-on-hop-off bus in English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Italian
- In the villages, you can take a self-guided tour in English using the app
- This is Holland flight experience is available in English and Dutch
- Tours operate daily from March through September
- Check-in desk is located on the ground floor of the THIS IS HOLLAND: Open from 8.45am – 3pm
- Departures from Amsterdam: from 9.15am – 2.30pm, every 45 minutes
- Last arrival in Amsterdam at 7.45pm
- The total Hop-on Hop-off roundtrip on the bus takes approximately 2 hours. Visiting time at each stop is at your own leisure
- The Hop on Hop off app allows visitors to see the live location of the bus, so they can always check if the bus is nearby the bus stop
Have you always dreamed of a unique flight experience that not only shows, but really lets you feel ...
Scenic landscapes dotted with windmills, picturesque canals, villages with charming streets, locals ...
During your tour of Volendam, Marken and the windmills from Amsterdam, you will head toward the coun...
Begin your tour at the central meeting point at the foot of the A’DAM lookout just across the water ...
This 2½-hour* walking tour covers the main sights of the inner city. The guides with whom we work ha...
Discover with just one card all the best of Amsterdam, including the famous Van Gogh Museum, the Rij...
If high temperatures make you feel like a fish out of water and the cold doesn’t scare you, the Xtra...
No visit to Amsterdam is complete without a boat ride through the exquisite canals and your one-hour...
Are you a real artist and do you want to release your creative mind? Or are you not a great painter,...
Using this combo offer, which includes an extensive 2.5-hour bus excursion and 1-hour canal cruise, ...