Hop-on hop-off windmills and Dutch villages bus tour
- Discover the Dutch countryside in a flexible way with the hop-on hop-off bus
- See the windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Taste traditional Dutch cheese and see how it is made
This hop-on hop-off tour through Holland’s picturesque countryside is the perfect way to explore outside the city and experience the rich culture. All the stops of the tour offer a unique insight into Dutch history and tradition. There are buses every 45 minutes from each stop which provides the perfect amount of freedom to enjoy the tour in your own pace. You can also enjoy an audio walking tour at each stop.
Visit Monnickendam, which despite being a small fishing village today, holds much historical significance as a port in earlier centuries. Hop off the bus at the stop of Cheese Factory Henri Willig to visit the Cheese Farm where you can see how cheese is made and take a free guided tour of the farm. Next stops are in Volendam and Edam, both known for their fishing boats and stunning sceneries. In Volendam you can still find residents in traditional Dutch costumes. In Zaanse Schans, admire a collection of well-preserved historic windmills and see Dutch history come to life. See the architecture in the Zaanstreek, which was the trade centre of the region in the 19th century.
As each stop is unique and provides its own slice of culture, this tour is perfect for discovering and exploring the Dutch countryside. Spend as much time in each city as you want. The flexible hop-on hop-off tour gives you the unique possibility to discover all the villages at your own pace.
Please note: From 30 September to 26 March the tour runs in the opposite direction. The starting point remains the same.
You can choose to upgrade your ticket to the PLUS option and visit 2 of the following attractions:
- A’DAM Lookout
- Volendam Experience (VR tour)
- Digital photo in Dutch costume in Volendam
- Edam Museum
- Canal tour along the river Zaan at the Zaanse Schans (45 min)
- Day ticket for the hop-on hop-off bus tour (one round only)
- Audio guide on board in 5 languages
- Free walking tours at each stop
- Free guided tour at Henri Willig Cheese Factory
- Visit Zaanse Schans
- With PLUS ticket: admission to 2 attractions of choice
- Headphones (available for purchase)
- Children ages 4-11: reduced
- Small children ages 0-3: free
Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Buses depart from This is Holland. Get there from Amsterdam Central Station by taking the ferry towards “Buiksloterweg”. Please check in at the gift shop on the ground floor. (Open from 9.00am–3.00pm. If you select the half-day ticket you can check in after 12.00pm).
- Note: you can only take the route once (when you return to This is Holland, you are not able to re-use your bus ticket)
- The total trip takes approximately 2 hours (without stops)
- Your ticket is valid for 1 day
- Download the Hop-on Hop-off app to listen to the audio guide and see live locations of the buses. For those who don't have a smartphone audio devices are available to rent
- An audio guide is available on the hop-on-hop-off bus and on the canal cruise in English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Italian
- In the villages, you can take a self-guided tour in English using the app
- Buses depart from 9.00am, every 45 minutes
- If you select the half-day ticket you can check in after 12.00pm
Scenic landscapes dotted with windmills, picturesque canals, villages with charming streets, locals ...
During your tour of Volendam, Marken and the windmills from Amsterdam, you will head toward the coun...
Start your tour at any desired time at “This is Holland”, the ultimate virtual flight experience ove...
Begin your tour at the central meeting point at the foot of the A’DAM lookout just across the water ...
Discover with just one card all the best of Amsterdam, including the famous Van Gogh Museum, the Rij...
Holland Pass will be your personal passport to one of the most picturesque regions in Europe. It gra...
During your free walking tour of Amsterdam, you'll cover the main sights of the inner city to experi...
During your tour of Volendam, Marken and the windmills from Amsterdam, you'll visit the famous villa...
Visit the beautiful windmill village Zaanse Schans. Here you will experience all that is typical Dut...
This unique combo ticket saves you both time and money as you explore Amsterdam's scenery on a 75-mi...