Hop-on hop-off windmills and Dutch villages bus tour
- Discover the Dutch countryside in a flexible way with the hop-on hop-off bus
- See the windmills of Zaanse Schans
- Taste traditional Dutch cheese and see how it is made
This hop-on hop-off tour through Holland’s picturesque countryside is the perfect way to explore outside the city and experience the rich culture. All the stops of the tour offer a unique insight into Dutch history and tradition. There are buses every 45 minutes from each stop which provides the perfect amount of freedom to enjoy the tour in your own pace. You can also enjoy an audio walking tour at each stop.
Visit Monnickendam, which despite being a small fishing village today, holds much historical significance as a port in earlier centuries. Hop off the bus at the stop of Cheese Factory Henri Willig to visit the Cheese Farm where you can see how cheese is made and take a free guided tour of the farm. Next stops are in Volendam and Edam, both known for their fishing boats and stunning sceneries. In Volendam you can still find residents in traditional Dutch costumes. In Zaanse Schans, admire a collection of well-preserved historic windmills and see Dutch history come to life. See the architecture in the Zaanstreek, which was the trade centre of the region in the 19th century.
As each stop is unique and provides its own slice of culture, this tour is perfect for discovering and exploring the Dutch countryside. Spend as much time in each city as you want. The flexible hop-on hop-off tour gives you the unique possibility to discover all the villages at your own pace.
Please note: From 30 September to 26 March the tour runs in the opposite direction. The starting point remains the same.
You can choose to upgrade your ticket to the PLUS option and visit 2 of the following attractions:
- A’DAM Lookout
- Volendam Experience (VR tour)
- Digital photo in Dutch costume in Volendam
- Edam Museum
- Canal tour along the river Zaan at the Zaanse Schans (45 min)
- Day ticket for the hop-on hop-off bus tour (one round only)
- Audio guide on board in 5 languages
- Free walking tours at each stop
- Free guided tour at Henri Willig Cheese Factory
- Visit Zaanse Schans
- With PLUS ticket: admission to 2 attractions of choice
- Headphones (available for purchase)
- Children ages 4-11: reduced
- Small children ages 0-3: free
Overhoeksplein 51, 1031 KS Amsterdam, Netherlands
Buses depart from This is Holland. Get there from Amsterdam Central Station by taking the ferry towards “Buiksloterweg”. Please check in at the gift shop on the ground floor. (Open from 9.00am–3.00pm. If you select the half-day ticket you can check in after 12.00pm).
- Note: you can only take the route once (when you return to This is Holland, you are not able to re-use your bus ticket)
- The total trip takes approximately 2 hours (without stops)
- Your ticket is valid for 1 day
- Download the Hop-on Hop-off app to listen to the audio guide and see live locations of the buses. For those who don't have a smartphone audio devices are available to rent
- An audio guide is available on the hop-on-hop-off bus and on the canal cruise in English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish, Italian
- In the villages, you can take a self-guided tour in English using the app
- Buses depart from 9.00am, every 45 minutes
- If you select the half-day ticket you can check in after 12.00pm
Enjoy the fascinating private walking tour of the beautiful city of Amsterdam and discover its uniqu...
Take advantage of a special combination for Amsterdam that includes a 24-hour hop-on, hop-off bus ti...
During your Amsterdam walking tour, your local expert guide will take you through the city's most fa...
Passing through the typical Dutch landscape you’ll drive in about one hour and a half to the Dutch V...
Amsterdam is best seen from the water, and on this 75-minute canal cruise you’ll experience the best...
Walk through the old Jewish neighborhood of Amsterdam where magnificent synagogues, striking buildin...