E-bike rental in Volendam
- Rent an E-bike for one, two and three days
- Discover the beauty of Volendam, Monnickendam and Marken
- Cycle effortlessly to Edam and the Zaanse Schans
Discover the beauty of Volendam, Monnickendam and Marken with an E-bike rental for one, two and three days!
Get on the e-bike and cycle effortlessly to Edam, Monnickendam, Marken or the Zaanse Schans. On these electric bikes you can cover at least 90 kilometers, so you can really go in all directions while keeping enough energy to look around at the destination.
While your bike is doing the work, you can enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Do you have the wind in your back or do you have to cycle against it? That doesn’t matter, because the electric motors push you easily forward. Grazing cattle, wide open water, historic buildings and cozy terraces all pass by.
From Volendam you can either choose or be advised which villages you would like to visit with your E-bike. Within one hour you can perfectly visit Edam, an almost 800 year old town north of Volendam. Edam is famous for its peaceful narrow alleys and small canals, the beautiful façades of the cosy houses and the unique small boutiques. Also Edam is known for its cheese market where visitors can both taste and purchase a various number of cheeses.
Also another town, which is called Monnickendam can be visited in only one hour of time. When walking or cruising around in the old centre of Monnickendam it will feel like you went back in time. Along the streets you will see the beautiful houses made of light bronze bricks. Also the old harbor with its pretty ships and charming terraces is definitely worth a visit. An absolute highlight in Monnickendam is the beer brewery, where you can see where and how the beer is brewed, where you can taste the homemade sausages and enjoy the lovely terrace along the water.
When you have more time to spend it is highly advised to make a tour from Volendam to Monnickendam and from Monnickendam to the former island Marken. Marken is a stunning town with lovely bridges over the small canals and really nice wooden façades. As the island can only be reached by the 10 kilometre long dike, the small town is surrounded by water where it becomes really clear again how the Dutch are dealing with living below sea level. From Marken it is possible to take the boat back to Volendam. The Volendam-Marken Express is departing each 30 minutes from Marken to Volendam and it is possible to bring your E-bike on the ship. After a 30 minutes cruise you will be back in Volendam where you can drive underneath the dike back to the rental company to bring back your E-bike.
- E-bike rental with 7 gears
- Helmet (optional)
- Full battery and possibility to change the battery at various locations within the region
- GPS program to follow possible routes on your smartphone
- Hardcopy map of the surroundings with recommendations to break to determine your route (English or Dutch)
- Live guide
Haven 45, 1131 EP Volendam, Netherlands
Pick-up your bike at the rental company (underneath the dike of Volendam).
- Rental duration is available for one, two and three days
- Maximum of 4 participants per time slot
- Please note rental shop closes at 6.00pm
- Choose your preferred duration and pick-up time at checkout
- Maximum booking size of 8 people
- When renting an E-bike a deposit of €50, will be asked, which will be returned to you after giving back the (undamaged) E-bike
- You are not allowed to drive on the highway with the vehicles. You are obliged to always drive on the stated E-bike paths
- Always be aware of the residents and other road users. You are not allowed to use your bell unnecessarily, always drive slowly when passing wanderers and other E-bikers and always create enough space for other road users
- E-bike rentals are available daily
- Bikes can be rented every hour from 9.30am to 1.30pm
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to departure time to pick-up your bike
Experience Amsterdam from the water and see the best sights the city has to offer on a 75-minute can...
Amsterdam is best seen from the water, and on this 75-minute canal cruise you’ll experience the best...
Discover the highlights of Amsterdam at your own pace. Create your own itinerary and admire the city...
Walk through the old Jewish neighborhood of Amsterdam where magnificent synagogues, striking buildin...
This combination offer saves you both time and money as you explore Amsterdam. Enjoy the scenery as ...
An exciting temporary exhibition, entitled "Chagall, Picasso, Mondrian and Others: Migrant Artists i...