Tour of Snæfellsnes National park
- Visit the Snæfellsnes peninsula in Western Iceland and explore all its natural wonders
- See the Snæfellsjökull volcano, the entrance to the earth’s core in the Jules Verne's Journey to the Center of the Earth
- Discover the amazing black beach of Djúpalónssandur and the "lifting stones,” used to measure the strength of fishermen who lived along the coasts
- Stop at Kirkjufell, a mountain that rises out of the green hills, surrounded by trickling rivers
You’ll start your experience by being picked up from your accommodation and traveling to the west.
First, you’ll be taken to the Snæfellsjökull volcano, the highest peak in this area of Iceland and often visible on clear days even from Reykjavik. Jules Verne chose this exact place as the entrance to the earth’s core in the Journey to the Center of the Earth. Next, you'll visit Ytri-Tunga, a charming little farm with a nearby beach home to a seal colony. You can relax and enjoy the seal's cute faces as they sunbathe and play in the surf.
You'll then be taken to Arnarstapi and Hellnar, located in a lovely coastal area with a natural harbor: you can stroll along the cliffs and take in the fresh air and the view of the beautiful rock formations that decorate the coastline, spotted with green-and-yellow moss. Your next stop is Djúpalónssandur, a gorgeous beach made up of a very unique type of black sand. Here, you’ll find four large, smooth stones on the beach. They are “lifting stones,” used to measure the strength of fishermen who once worked and lived along the coasts.
Your last stop will be the Kirkjufell mountain that rises out of the green hills, surrounded by trickling rivers. This is one of the most popular photography spots in Iceland and a true natural wonder, so make sure to get at least a picture for your own collection!
Once your experience is over you'll ride comfortably back to your accommodation in Reykjavik.
- Pick-up and drop-off within Reykjavik
- Guided tour
- Free wifi onboard
Fiskislóð 45, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Pick-up service is included in the tour (between 8:30 am and 9:00 am): please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. If you do not require hotel pickup, you can meet the tour at Nicetravel office in Fiskislóð 45M, 101 Reykjavik. Please notify the tour operator directly if you intend to use this option and be there before 08:20 am.
- To confirm your pickup location for the tour, please contact the tour operator directly by email as soon as possible and not later than 24 hours before departure. If you book less than 24 hours before the tour starts, then please contact the tour operator immediately. You'll find the contact details the voucher you'll receive after booking
- Please note that Nicetravel offers free pickup and drop off from hotels within Reykjavik. As buses are not allowed to drive in certain areas of Reykjavik centre, your pick up may be from the nearest bus stop
- If you do not require hotel pickup, you can meet the tour at Nicetravel office in Fiskislóð 45M, 101 Reykjavik. Please notify the tour operator directly if you intend to use this option and be there before 08:20 am
- Pickup takes place between 08:30 - 09:00, so please be ready from 8:30 at your pickup location and look out for a bus with the Nicetravel logo
- This experience is open only to customers of 5 years of age or older
- Please remember to wear warm, wind and waterproof clothes
- Good hiking shoes are recommended. If you do not have appropriate footwear, you'll be offered them for rent
- Every day at 9:00
- Pick-up: between 8:30 am and 9:00 am
- Meeting point at Nicetravel office: 8:30 am
Spend your day discovering some of the most iconic sites in Iceland: the amazing geysers, the Golden...
After being picked up in Reykjavík you'll travel to the West to the historic area of Borgarfjorður –...
If you travel to Iceland, Geysers, Gullfoss the Golden Waterfall and Thingvellir are an absolute mus...
Your day starts by driving from Reykjavik to the historic site of Thingvellir National Park. This is...
Have you ever wanted to spot one of those amazing dancing lights in the sky, the famous Aurora Borea...
The Golden Circle is a popular route that passes by a series of the most remarkable and diverse site...
After being pick-up from your accommodation in Reykjavik, you'll pass through all the small towns of...
Sail out from Reykjavík in search of the beautiful Aurora Borealis! It only takes you 10-15 minutes ...
On this incredible snorkeling tour you'll discover the beautiful and unique Silfra Fissure, Iceland'...
The Silfra Fissure is one of Iceland’s most desirable snorkeling spots. On the surface, this narrow ...