Imagine Peace Tower tour in Reykjavík
- Enjoy an evening dedicated to Yoko Ono and John Lennon's campaign for world peace
- Take a walking tour that combines art, history and nature
- Discover the beauty of Iceland
Enjoy an evening dedicated to Yoko Ono and John Lennon’s ongoing campaign for world peace with this tours that aims to unite history, art and nature. Set on the beautiful island of Viðey, mere minutes from Reykjavík by boat, this walking tour will help you to learn all about the Imagine Peace Tower, the island's important trading history, artwork and nature. You can't the spectacular views of the Reykjavik skyline and if you're lucky, you might even get the chance to see the northern lights appear overhead.
The Imagine Peace Tower is illuminated 1 hour after sunset until midnight from 9 October until 8 December (John Lennon's birthday and the day of his death). From the Winter Solstice, the beam can be seen lighting up the night sky into the morning of a New Year, as well as on Yoko Ono's birthday and in the week of Spring Equinox. The ever-changing weather conditions on the island impact the strength, intensity and brilliance of the tower at times.
Yoko Ono chose Iceland as the home of the monument as it doesn't have an army and is considered one of the most peaceful countries in the world. The country's use of geothermal energy played a big part too as the tower is powered by sustainable resources.
- An expert guide
- Flashlight & crampons (if needed)
- Transfer to and from island
Ægisgarður 7, 101 Reykjavík, Iceland
Please meet at the Old Harbour in Reykjavík where the ferry will take you to the island of Viðey.
- Watch a live stream of the Imagine Peace Tower on Viðey island as seen from Skarfabakki pier in Reykjavík
- A pick-up service is available from selected locations for a fee, please contact your tour provider for more details
- Please dress warmly
- Please contact the tour provider if you have any questions or concerns
- This tour runs daily
- It departs at 8.00pm and lasts for approximately 2 hours
- Please check the calendar to see what dates are available
Wallowing in the steamy waters of the Blue Lagoon is one of this 100% Iceland experiences that defin...
Discover the world's most northerly capital on this tour of Reykjavik. See Iceland's colourful corru...
Iceland is famous for its glaciers but until recently, what lies underneath the Langjokull glacier h...
Every winter, Iceland's mighty glaciers are covered in a healthy dusting of snow - ideal for zooming...
If you want to escape the city and see a bit more of Iceland, this trip is ideal. It introduces you ...
Boasting bountiful produce from both land and sea, Icelandic cuisine is as delicious as it is varied...