Glendalough & Powerscourt Tour
- Admire the beautiful scenery of the Wicklow and Dublin Mountains
- Visit Powerscourt House and Gardens
- Explore Ireland's oldest monastic city, Glendalough.
This tour takes you through Dublin’s beautiful south coast by double-decker bus and includes a visit to the Powerscourt House and Gardens as well as the historical monastic site of Glendalough. The tour departs from the city center and travels through the Dublin Quays and Docklands area. The bus continues south from the city along the great sweep of Dublin Bay where you can enjoy the scenery at Sandycove and Dún Laoghaire.
Turning inland, the tour climbs into the beautiful Wicklow Mountains and continues through the enchanting old-world village of Enniskerry to Powerscourt House and Gardens. The estate is among the finest in Europe and has been featured in many films including Mel Gibson's Braveheart. You'll have lots of time to explore the grounds. See the Italian, Japanese, and walled gardens and the unusual pet cemetery. Take some time to browse the renowned Avoca Handweavers shop and café.
Before returning to Dublin the tour passes through the beautiful Glendalough glacial valley. Glendalough, literally meaning "Valley of Two Lakes" is an area steeped in natural beauty and fascinating history. It is here that St Kevin built an early Medieval settlement, and remains of the sixth-century monastic settlement can still be seen today. Glendalough also has a round tower in near perfect condition, two tranquil lakes and walking trails with magnificent views.
- Live Failte Ireland trained guide
- Visit and admission to Powerscourt Gardens
- Visit to Glendalough Monastic Site
- Free Pat Liddy "Dublin Highlights" walking tour
- Exclusive discount (EUR 3) for Tara's Childhood Palace Museum
- 2 KIds Go Free with every fare paying adult
- Children (ages 4 and under) are free of charge
- Children (ages 6-14): reduced
59-60 O'Connell Street Upper, North City, Dublin 1, D01 RX04, Ireland
- Tour departs from Dublin Bus HQ, 59 Upper O'Connell Street, Dublin 1
- Upon booking your tour, all guests must email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm the booking. Tour operator will then give you a confirmation number
Tour departs at 10:30 am:
- January - Saturday only
- February & March - Friday and Saturday
- April to September - daily
- Oct & November - Friday and Saturday
Escape the city on this half day trip from Dublin. Stopping first at the grounds of Malahide Castle ...
This lively evening tour around the heart of Dublin City, delivered by an entertaining local guide w...
Immerse yourself in nature by hiking on the charming Howth Peninsula, a treasure of the Dublin Bay U...
The Dead Interesting tour gives an alternative view of the varied heritage that Ireland’s largest ce...
Your first stop is the Harland and Wolff shipyard, where the Titanic Museum is located. The Museum i...
Discover the magic of the city that was once the world capital of whiskey making. Your tour will beg...